Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Excellent post! And yes, there are some virulently anti-gay people in this country. They often cite passages from the Bible and speak of their religious beliefs when discussing the issue. Those aren't the ones that bother me, however. It's the people who go along with their vitriol, but will tell you in secret that they have no problem with gays. They just don't want to be heard saying it. Ferfuksake, if you disagree with this mentality or homophobia, grow a spine and say so!

Comb, some people are afraid to speak up because the instant you contradict these clowns you are accused of either being gay yourself or you are accused of somehow being "...against what this country stands for.". (Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean, I don't know.)

I keep hoping that, one fine day, my countrymen would start seeing these tactics for what they really are and stand up to it.

Dave
I couldn't agree more Dave, except I wouldn't give a toss about being called gay. I'm not as far as I know but who knows, tomorrow I might turn a corner and meet Mr. Right. As an adult the only time I was attracted to a man was in my early 20's, he'd been a friend of mine for years. He was gay, he had a long term partner. If I'd said the wrong thing it would have been embarasing stupid, insulting. At the very least it would have screwed up a good friendship but I had no feeling of guilt, wrongdoing or anything negaitve. Just enough sense to say nothing.

A feeling that came out of the blue. What the **** was that about?