We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Thanks - it supports my point:

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/89/8923cover2.html

"Last fall, FDA’s counterpart in Europe announced that it too had concerns about BPA safety. But in its review of some 800 research studies on BPA published since 2007, the European Food Safety Authority found no new evidence to justify lowering its tolerable daily intake value of 50 μg/kg/day, which is the same as the U.S. level.

The European Commission, which had charged the agency with evaluating BPA safety, subsequently invoked the precautionary principle and banned BPA in baby bottles. China recently did the same."

In other words, there's no "scientific consensus" (the low threshold that is currently being used to invoke all manner of mischief in the name of controlling "global warming"), but we're going to ban it anyway.

So you are quite content to ingest a whole bunch of chemicals whose long term effects are as yet unknown simply because it makes some plastic manufacturers lives simpler.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Area Man

"....kill all of the businessmen...", Pete? Has anyone here suggested that?

"The government hates cash. They can't control it.".---And banks can't charge any interest or fees on cash buried in the yard or in your kids piggy bank either. They don't want you having it either, they want you to spend it all then borrow more from them....How much is the interest on your credit cards? Come on, Man. The government isn't the only culprit in this scheme.

Dave
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"....kill all of the businessmen...", Pete? Has anyone here suggested that?

"The government hates cash. They can't control it.".---And banks can't charge any interest or fees on cash buried in the yard or in your kids piggy bank either. They don't want you having it either, they want you to spend it all then borrow more from them....How much is the interest on your credit cards? Come on, Man. The government isn't the only culprit in this scheme.

Dave

Quite a few people here barter. A feller up the holler from me has this real-low-to-the-ground 4x4 custom tractor that is 9 feet wide. Sometimes I take on his mechanic needs, in ruturn for bush-hogging on steep ground. I'm going to build me a contraption like his in a few years when the last house payment is made. Til then, all I can do is drool over his.

Last edited by hillbilly; 06-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Kill was for emphasis (though lord knows it happened), in theory the businessmen in China were only sent to work on farms

Of course government is in bed with big business. But they're the only player with force of law.

Pete
Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Pete:

Quote:
You lefties know that a coupla countries have tried killing all the businessmen and installing heros of the working man in their stead.
I actually saved a political forum thread from when Mugabe took power in ZimBabwe.. The leftists on the board were just fawning over this guy. Colonialism had died, the white man was on the run, and all was well with the world. Yesterday, I saw a Zimbabwean youth, about 10 years old with two armfuls full of Mugabe Cash. He was able to buy a couple ounces of beans with it. I just wish I knew where those so@ialist blowhards are today so I could send the link to that video..
Old 06-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Sad, Zimbabwe used to be the breadbasket of Africa.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
Sad, Zimbabwe used to be the breadbasket of Africa.
You mean Rhodesia used to be the bread basket of Africa. All of my friends and acquaintances knew Mugabe was a murdering dictator, anyone who thought otherwise must have only had half a brain.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Roger 1/2 a brain - MerryLander:

I told you they were soc@ialists!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Reading this thread from the start, I see the left is still making an all-out attempt at corning the market in civility in political discourse
so you want to go back to unbridled capitalism?

Maybe refresh yourself with the plihgt of the working man AND CHILD oh say about circa 1900.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So you are quite content to ingest a whole bunch of chemicals whose long term effects are as yet unknown simply because it makes some plastic manufacturers lives simpler.
Yup, until there's evidence that there's a problem, why assume there is one. Way too many "health scares" have turned out to be so much hot air.