Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. Why is it now ok?
it's okay now because now it is we who are using it. don't forget that we are superior to the japanese and everyone else.

disclaimer: don't overlook the blatant sarcasm
Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
First we had to release a bunch of CIA memos for some sort of BS witch-hunt, now the ACLU is suing to get pictures of "abused" captives released? Can anyone explain to me what good either of these acts will accomplish? Will the PC left ever be happy, as long as America is a world power? I just wish that every miserable asshat out there that hates America, would just freekin leave it.
It's called investigating criminal acts. There's nothing actually political about it, so your straw man that this has something to do with the "left" doesn't fly. Historically, the RIGHT is the Law and Order party, BTW.

Allegations have been made that very serious crimes have been committed. Do we not investigate whomever YOU want to designated as not being accountable? Or do YOU designate whole groups as not accountable for crimes? Or, do we let the judicial process do what it is responsible to do - investigate and prosecute crimes?

You have several follow on posts filled with your racial invectives, so I'll assume that for you, whole races are free targets of crime, for which there is no accounting? That view isn't American. It isn't "patriotic" nor is it even in the scope of thought for the most extreme conservative wing of our politics.

If you want to legalize torture, start a movement to do so. Right now, and historically for America, it is illegal. So, it's not the "left" who is imagining and strange idea, it is YOU. YOU are imagining something which is simply not true in America. And guess what? It wasn't the LEFT that made torture illegal, it was the RIGHT!

Do you have a list of other crimes you'd like the justice department to ignore?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodGuy View Post
It's called investigating criminal acts. There's nothing actually political about it, so your straw man that this has something to do with the "left" doesn't fly. Historically, the RIGHT is the Law and Order party, BTW.

Allegations have been made that very serious crimes have been committed. Do we not investigate whomever YOU want to designated as not being accountable? Or do YOU designate whole groups as not accountable for crimes? Or, do we let the judicial process do what it is responsible to do - investigate and prosecute crimes?

You have several follow on posts filled with your racial invectives, so I'll assume that for you, whole races are free targets of crime, for which there is no accounting? That view isn't American. It isn't "patriotic" nor is it even in the scope of thought for the most extreme conservative wing of our politics.

If you want to legalize torture, start a movement to do so. Right now, and historically for America, it is illegal. So, it's not the "left" who is imagining and strange idea, it is YOU. YOU are imagining something which is simply not true in America. And guess what? It wasn't the LEFT that made torture illegal, it was the RIGHT!

Do you have a list of other crimes you'd like the justice department to ignore?
I don't see myself as a racist, but more of a stereotyper/profiler. If I see a terrorist act committed by a certain "people", then see those same people clamoring in the streets and burning American flags, I admit to not trusting, or liking that group (or nation). Heck, if it wasn't for guys like me, who would the lefties have to be disgusted with? Here's an example; I still have a weird feeling about German people. Most of that feeling probably comes from stories my Dad told me about WWII, and things I've seen on TV and read about that time. To me, that's stereotyping. A racist would hate the Jewish folks too I think, and I don't. As a matter of fact, all the Jewish folks I know, are cool as hell. So, I guess I profile Taliban people as viscous killers of old men, women, and children, and to me, I'd rather see every one of them get water-boarded, rather than one innocent American get killed (no matter what color they are). I'm just thankful I live in a country that allows me to have these ideas, and you to have yours.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:21 PM

know what I think is funny? I think that Obama sending millions to the UAE for nuclear power development is friggin hilarious when we are using gd windmills and solar panels! Go green or we all boil in the oceans! What a crock of you-know-what!!!!

Another thing...if I want to buy a car that gets 5 mpg of dare I say, GASOLINE, I should be able to. I do not have to agree or tolerate anything that I personally do not want to. Gay marriage? Great...not for me and I think it is wrong as hell too!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:42 AM

The best quote I ever read about the whole "gay" business was years ago-I don't remember who said it, but he pretty much "nailed" it-"The Love that once Dare Not Speaketh Its Name has now grown Hoarse from Shouting..."
Old 05-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawney_fwank View Post
know what I think is funny? I think that Obama sending millions to the UAE for nuclear power development is friggin hilarious when we are using gd windmills and solar panels! Go green or we all boil in the oceans! What a crock of you-know-what!!!!

Another thing...if I want to buy a car that gets 5 mpg of dare I say, GASOLINE, I should be able to. I do not have to agree or tolerate anything that I personally do not want to. Gay marriage? Great...not for me and I think it is wrong as hell too!
I think many of us forget the role of government when we want our personal freedoms without regard to consequences to the larger sociaty that we are a member of.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Considering that approximately half of all marriages end in divorce I am not quite sure what gays marrying has to do with anything, but then I am straight, just not narrow.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:58 PM

maybe we should water board all the gays...