Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Area Man

Feelin' the need to be "perfected" are ya?

Honestly, I'm not sure how old this is, but to me it does illustrate with glaring clarity the arrogance and bigotry of the Christian right and the American right in general. They are the shining examples of absolute perfection that we should all aspire to, and they know it. There is no way but their way, and if the rest of us would just shut up and cooperate, we would come to see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wnPH...eature=related

The comment about Israel is also quite interesting. I wonder if Israelis realize that the only reason these sickos support their country is because they think they will get to "perfect" the Jews after Jesus comes?

Oh, I'm sorry. I've got it backwards. I'm the sicko because I want Israel to stand on it's own feet, without being propped up with American tax money and political muscle.......................

Chew on that for a while.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-05-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Abby Normal

i like the part that mixed race couples walk around with a chip on their shoulders

and the part about Christians right is tolerant? LOL, now that is funny.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:49 PM

I was a little disgusted to follow the link and see Ann Coulter pop up, but I forced myself to watch in order to help YOU become a "perfected" God of the Sea..

I'm not REALLY sure what I heard -- but as an ancient Jew who's no longer in the fold, I didn't really feel threatened by the remarks. Although it was kinda creepy.

I THINK (MerryLander warned me not to do that) that a "perfected Christian" simply refers to having your life changed by adopting the love of Christ and becoming complete (in a hippy dippy sense). NOT - as in a sense of you are INSTANTLY better or wiser or superior because you've just converted to her religion..

I'd feel far more threatened by listening to Louis Farahkhan riff on Jews than this.. But good work -- you got me to waste life energy on Ann Coulter once more..
Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Area Man

I hear ya Flac. But, speaking as a Christian disheartened by the fact that I see attitudes such as hers in my religion..........I'd say Farrakhan pales by comparison. I really wish it weren't true, but sadly, I believe it is.

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Area Man

I'll try to leave it right there, 'cuz it gets too troubling for-----me.

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 PM

The term "perfected" in the Christian sense is being taken out of context by the interviewer, and Ms Coulter does a poor job of using the term in appropriate context. Here's a better description of the concept:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_perfection

Media Matters gets it wrong again, quite on purpose I suspect.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Loyal Opposition

I like who she refers to as her authoritative sources - The Seinfeld Show and Jerry Falwell.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The term "perfected" in the Christian sense is being taken out of context by the interviewer, and Ms Coulter does a poor job of using the term in appropriate context. Here's a better description of the concept:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_perfection

Media Matters gets it wrong again, quite on purpose I suspect.
Nope. Coulter got it wrong. She most certainly did not communicate John Wesley's theology. Moreover, she specifically suggested that Christians are "Perfected Jews" which is not at all what I gathered form Wiki, and that Jews have a need to be perfected. The concept as she communicated it was offensive.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Nope. Coulter got it wrong. She most certainly did not communicate John Wesley's theology. Moreover, she specifically suggested that Christians are "Perfected Jews" which is not at all what I gathered form Wiki, and that Jews have a need to be perfected. The concept as she communicated it was offensive.

Regards,

D-Ray
Did I not say she did a poor job? She did not say, or at least I didn't hear it, that Christians were perfected Jews. She did refer, rather poorly, to the "fast track" of salvation through perfection as contrasted with "following the (Jewish faith) law." Offensive? I guess if you want it to be, considering the source and all that. Offensive in proper context? Not so much.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Did I not say she did a poor job? She did not say, or at least I didn't hear it, that Christians were perfected Jews. She did refer, rather poorly, to the "fast track" of salvation through perfection as contrasted with "following the (Jewish faith) law." Offensive? I guess if you want it to be, considering the source and all that. Offensive in proper context? Not so much.
Which context? The context in which is was properly explained or in the context of Ann Coulter's statements. Those are two entirely different contexts.

Considering the source, Ann Coulter has made a career of making offensive statements.

Regards,

D-Ray