Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Read the ProPublica articles including the most recent which provides the details of a quid pro quo arrangement in place for the past 20 years by which Thomas would be richly compensated by conservative donors for not resigning from the bench in pursuit of a higher income (i.e., I give you money and you don't resign from the court and you keep ruling for the conservative causes I support).

Call it what you want, but taking many millions over decades while rendering impactful decisions from a position from which you would have otherwise resigned were it not for the generosity of your interested patrons is some very shady shit. Of course you'll find some way to defend it.

We'll see if this ethically-challenged moneygrubber will recuse himself from any upcoming J6 cases considering his wife was a such a cheerleader for the Trump criminal conspiracy.
Here we go again. You stated:

BTW, there is significantly more evidence of the Trump clan and Clarence Thomas actually taking real bribes than there is for Joe Biden (actually, there's zero evidence of Biden accepting bribes). Why zero interest from you in real examples of bribery and corruption?

There's no mention in the article you quoted of anything that could be interpreted as a quid pro quo. In fact, the persons from which the funds were received "...(Crow) has not had cases at the Supreme Court since Thomas joined it and has previously said Thomas is a dear friend. David Sokol, a conservative financier who has taken Thomas on vacation on a private jet, said in a statement that he and Thomas had never discussed the justice’s finances or when he might retire.

I've already stated that Thomas' actions have justifiably prompted questions about ethics. So stipulated.

As far as your claim of "evidence of taking bribes"? Still waiting for you to produce that evidence to back up your claim.