Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Banned

So...nobody's got anything to say...

...about the gestapo tactics being used all along the Mexican border?

[

From former CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-25-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Ready

You are wrong, there has been discussion.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Banned

Not nearly enough. The guy is a fucking monster.

Oh ike...its not that bad.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Actually, there have been dozens of posts on the subject, but a new thread wasn't started on the subject. Most are contained in this thread.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Ready

My understanding now is that families were separated without due care being taken to assure that children and parents can be identified and reunited. It is a certainty that some will only be reunited after years, if ever. This must be ascribed either to depraved indifference to the human rights of the victim families, or criminal malice. Trump should be impeached for this, and he and everyone responsible should be remanded to The Hague for prosecution for Crimes Against Humanity.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
My understanding now is that families were separated without due care being taken to assure that children and parents can be identified and reunited. It is a certainty that some will only be reunited after years, if ever. This must be ascribed either to depraved indifference to the human rights of the victim families, or criminal malice. Trump should be impeached for this, and he and everyone responsible should be remanded to The Hague for prosecution for Crimes Against Humanity.
Heretofore, Trump's malevolence has generally been tempered by his incompetence. In this case, his malevolence was made worse by his incompetence.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Banned

Feh...pablum...

Two points on this report from VOX...

1. Of course Republicans are bigots, xenophobes, and fascists who support gestapo tactics.
2. This is how Quinnipac writes a question on a poll? Biased enough???

Quote:
A new Quinnipiac University poll, released Monday, asked voters, “As you may know, some families seeking asylum from their home country cross the U.S. border illegally and then request asylum. In an attempt to discourage this, the Trump administration has been prosecuting the parents immediately, which means separating parents from their children. Do you support or oppose this policy?” As my colleague Dara Lind notes, this characterizes most of the reason for family separation, though some families seeking asylum legally at ports of entry have also been separated.

Sixty-six percent of voters — including 91 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents — told Quinnipiac they opposed the policy. Whites with college degrees were likelier than non-college whites to oppose the policy, and young people of all races were likelier to oppose it than old people. Women were likelier to oppose the policy than men, and black and Hispanic Americans were more likely to oppose it than whites (though a large majority of whites still oppose the policy).

But by a large, 20-point (55 percent to 35 percent) margin, Republicans supported the policy.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...milies-parents

I'm reading that in other polls general Republican voter support for Donald Trump has now risen to 90%. Good little nazis...all. Fucking terrifying that the rest of us have to share good air with this. And that anybody who even begins to question whether this country is a decent place with decent people anymore ends up attacked as anti-American. Turns out history identifies the smart Germans (and not just the German Jews) as the ones who got out while they still could. Hitler was not able to come to power because of the Gestapo and the Schutzstaffel. He was able to come to power because of this...

Good little Republicans = good little nazis. This is how it starts. See below...

Let the minimizing begin...

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-24-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Ready

I called for Trump to be hauled-off to the Hague, to rightfully be imprisoned for the rest of his life. His lieutenants and helpers go too. What are you looking for here? Do I have to call for them to flayed and roasted to satisfy you?
Old 06-24-2018, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I called for Trump to be hauled-off to the Hague, to rightfully be imprisoned for the rest of his life. His lieutenants and helpers go too. What are you looking for here? Do I have to call for them to flayed and roasted to satisfy you?
Not unless it satisfies you. It would satisfy me though.

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em
that's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
and get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard
- Lou Reed
Old 06-24-2018, 11:59 PM
Jigsawed

The possible next leader of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO) said that if elected he will encourage Mexicans to flood/rush/overwhelm the border.