Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Area Man

Let's try this moon again...………
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beautiful Luna.jpg (62.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Area Man

I've also been fighting an ear infection and the usual old fart conditions setting in.....

And it isn't helping matters that the Black Dog is on my ass again.

But, at least I've gotten my diabetes and cholesterol under control. That's a definite plus.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Hiya Dave. I kind of watch things go by, comment a bit here and there.

Trump hasn't drained the swamp, but he's torn out the fences and hedges that used to sort of hide it. So it's more in view these days.

Life is good and getting better, personally.
That's great, Don. Good on you.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Ready

Love your pics.

My girlfriend is convinced that the dark matter that holds the universe together is chocolate.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Love your pics.

My girlfriend is convinced that the dark matter that holds the universe together is chocolate.
It is chocolate and it is quite delicious.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Astrophotography, it's a real money pit and it doesn't exactly draw in the babes, but it's challenging. Gives your brain a workout.
It gives a better measurement/perspective of things and I suspect it is not as exasperating as Audio.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It gives a better measurement/perspective of things and I suspect it is not as exasperating as Audio.
Oh, my God are you wrong about that! Imagine spending thousands on gear, spending weeks preparing for a star party, telescope, cameras, tent and all of the associated paraphernalia, paid all of the fees and registration, drove four hours or more to get to the dark sky site...…then the weather changes and it rains the entire time. Or the sky is beautiful but, in the middle of a capture session your laptop starts updating software, or a cable snags on the tripod and pulls out, a mirror moves out of alignment, or a clutch slips...There are so many variables.

Those two pictures I posted took HOURS to make. Set-up, testing equipment, making mechanical, electrical and software adjustments, post capture processing, aligning, stacking, sharpening...………

But, I love it. It's fascinating, it's challenging and when that occasion arises that everything goes well...……. There are no words.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:47 AM

“I been readin' 'bout how maybe they is planets peopled by folks with ad-vanced brains. On the other hand, maybe we got the most brains...maybe our intellects is the universe's most ad-vanced. Either way, it's a mighty soberin' thought.“ — Porky Pine
Old 05-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, my God are you wrong about that! Imagine spending thousands on gear, spending weeks preparing for a star party, telescope, cameras, tent and all of the associated paraphernalia, paid all of the fees and registration, drove four hours or more to get to the dark sky site...…then the weather changes and it rains the entire time. Or the sky is beautiful but, in the middle of a capture session your laptop starts updating software, or a cable snags on the tripod and pulls out, a mirror moves out of alignment, or a clutch slips...There are so many variables.

Those two pictures I posted took HOURS to make. Set-up, testing equipment, making mechanical, electrical and software adjustments, post capture processing, aligning, stacking, sharpening...………

But, I love it. It's fascinating, it's challenging and when that occasion arises that everything goes well...……. There are no words.
Glad to know that despite the variables the end is wonderful.

Audio often has no end.

Last edited by Dondilion; 05-28-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:09 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Glad to know that despite the variables the end is wonderful.

Audio often has no end.
Most hobbies only end when you die and a relative gives all of your "junk" to Goodwill.