Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:53 PM

Many if not most of the Lefties I know who are weapons owners. Have them for personal protection and sport. Hunting and target practice not dressup wannabes playing army.....

See the weapon as a tool not as a toy like most of the right leaners I have first hand knowledge of.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No one said that abortion is "unconstitutional". It is also not a Constitutionally-protected right.

There was no standard definition of "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" at the time the Constitution or Bill of Rights were written. And there's not a standard definition today.
This is basically why "originalism" is nonsense, and we know what a rapid fire/high capacity interchangeable magazine tactical firearm is by definition.
Semantics is no defense of the obvious.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
This is basically why "originalism" is nonsense, and we know what a rapid fire/high capacity interchangeable magazine tactical firearm is by definition.
Semantics is no defense of the obvious.
IMO using that logic leads us to things the 1st covers that have advanced with time. But I am a simple man with a simple point of view.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:08 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChief View Post
IMO using that logic leads us to things the 1st covers that have advanced with time. But I am a simple man with a simple point of view.
I'll admit I from time to time have wondered if things might work out better if we took "speech" in the 1st to mean unamplified oration only.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:59 PM

What's the bounty on aborting a corporation in Tex-ass?
Old 07-12-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Many if not most of the Lefties I know who are weapons owners. Have them for personal protection and sport. Hunting and target practice not dressup wannabes playing army.....

See the weapon as a tool not as a toy like most of the right leaners I have first hand knowledge of.
I can say the same about the gun owners I know no matter thier political leanings. I do not know anyone "playing army", those are loud minority therefore they are front and center in the spotlight. And I am not down playing it, I do agree with the threat assessments. Also I only used leftist as a quick descriptor for my daughter.

And since I read and do rarely post, I am a middle of the road independent that thinks the extremes of both teams are equally effed up.

Last edited by GChief; 07-12-2022 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:53 AM

The problem is obvious, 2nd amendment absolutists holding that any compromise risks their perceived constitutionally protected right to armed insurrection under their interpretation of the purpose of the 2nd against a gvmt they see as antithetical to their agenda as obstacles for the goal of dominance.
Other folk's dead kids at the desks are a cheap enough price for their liberty, never mind everyman being a potential target in a public shooting gallery.

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-12-2022 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I can say the same about the gun owners I know no matter their political leanings. I do not know anyone "playing army", those are loud minority therefore they are front and center in the spotlight. And I am not down playing it, I do agree with the threat assessments. Also I only used leftist as a quick descriptor for my daughter.

And since I read and do really post, I am a middle of the road independent that thinks the extremes of both teams are equally effed up.
The use of "playing army" is to cover the III%'rs and other so called militias around. Have not gone to the range this year. Seeing this year our state went to a constitutional carry compared to permits. With last years crop of boys with toys at the range. Figured after two near misses last year, at being shot by "accident" passed going.

Maybe you'all don't have the openly advertising, they are for chaos, pledging resistance to the so************************t government! Infringing on their "freedoms"....
Old 07-12-2022, 06:53 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The use of "playing army" is to cover the III%'rs and other so called militias around. Have not gone to the range this year. Seeing this year our state went to a constitutional carry compared to permits. With last years crop of boys with toys at the range. Figured after two near misses last year, at being shot by "accident" passed going.

Maybe you'all don't have the openly advertising, they are for chaos, pledging resistance to the so************************t government! Infringing on their "freedoms"....
Not disagreeing that they are not there, so don't take my comments as opposition, just commenting that they are a very loud minority in the big scheme of things and not down playing the threat. I took 2 oaths to support and defend, Military and LE, and in my mind they are part of "enemies foreign and domestic"

Some of us that carry are the trained person with a gun that can make a difference.

Last edited by GChief; 07-12-2022 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Not disagreeing that they are not there, so don't take my comments as opposition, just commenting that they are a very loud minority in the big scheme of things and not down playing the threat. I took 2 oaths to support and defend, Military and LE, and in my mind they are part of "enemies foreign and domestic"

Some of us that carry are the trained person with a gun that can make a difference.
Agree with you and could tell from the post we were on the same wave length.

Yes they are a very vocal minority and seem to enjoy being the bully. Have a neighbor who will wear a exposed sidearm on his lawn mower. I'm in the city BTW.