Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:28 AM

Roe v Wade: The lighter side

I would have thought, especially with the ramped-up sensitivities on this issue, that a comedian couldn't get away with making jokes about the subject of abortion. This guy does it, and it's actually well done and funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhWlzOrsSUU

Just sharing this to show at least one example that levity in discourse - not pointed at any individual or group in particular - is still possible.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:32 PM

This is not a laughing matter, but I will post it here anyway.

Arrest Made in Rape of Ohio 10-Year-Old Who Had to Travel Out of State for Abortion

This story is straightforward. 10 year old gets raped, Ohio's trigger law said no abortion and she traveled to Indiana to get an abortion.

But......

Quote:
His arrest comes after conservative media claimed the girl’s story was made up for political theater, something parroted by Fox News presenters as recently as Tuesday night—while Fuentes was already in custody.
And the Ohio AG said this first and then later changed his story.

Quote:
Indeed, state Attorney General Dave Yost spent much of the past week effectively dubbing the story a hoax, suggesting he had heard nothing about any such crime being reported.

“We have a decentralized law enforcement system in Ohio, but we have regular contact with prosecutors and local police and sheriffs,” Yost said in a Fox News segment Monday. “Not a whisper anywhere.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columb...a-for-abortion
Old 07-14-2022, 06:45 AM

""Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim""

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...l&uh_test=1_11

""Ohio’s Republican attorney general, Dave Yost, said on Fox News Monday that there was no evidence of a report being filed for the 10-year-old's case.""

???? We don't need no stinking fact or truths...

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...-abortion.html

""Arrest prompts criticism of Republicans like AG Dave Yost who questioned story of 10-year-old rape victim who left Ohio to get an abortion""

WTF

Last edited by Oerets; 07-14-2022 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:21 AM

Adding insult to injury,

Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

Makes one wonder what these people's priorities are, certainly not to serve the people.

Last edited by Rajoo; 07-14-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Add to add insult to injury,

Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

Makes one wonder what these people's priorities are, certainly not to serve the people.

In what world, society is a ten year old pregnant girl not a rape? They can’t be implying it was God ‘s intent for this to happen now could they?
Old 07-14-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
This is not a laughing matter, but I will post it here anyway.

Arrest Made in Rape of Ohio 10-Year-Old Who Had to Travel Out of State for Abortion

This story is straightforward. 10 year old gets raped, Ohio's trigger law said no abortion and she traveled to Indiana to get an abortion.

But......
]
But...you leave out a pretty significant point. If our borders were more secure and we were intent on enforcing immigration law, this rape may never have happened. The perp was in the country illegally.

Preventing crimes, be it this case or any other, involves an honest look at all the facts surrounding the criminal act. In this case, a preventive measure would have been protecting US citizens from risks associated with having a porous border.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:46 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
But...you leave out a pretty significant point. If our borders were more secure and we were intent on enforcing immigration law, this rape may never have happened. The perp was in the country illegally.

Preventing crimes, be it this case or any other, involves an honest look at all the facts surrounding the criminal act. In this case, a preventive measure would have been protecting US citizens from risks associated with having a porous border.
Typical conservative bait and switch after being caught in a bald-faced lie accusing a 10-year old rape victim of lying and being compelled to leave Ohio for an abortion. Now instead of admitting that they lied (on Fox News, WSJ, in Congress, the Ohio AG and elsewhere), they change their message to cater to their base's xenophobia. Needless to say, Whell is willing to pick up that torch.

AFAIK, there is no data to suggest that illegal immigrants engage in rape more than anyone else. Indeed, one the most outspoken liars in this episode is Gym Jordan, a guy with a history of denying sexual assaults.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-14-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:44 PM

Ol' Whell really can't help himself. He just apes the words of his "heroes".

Old 07-14-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
""Ohio’s Republican attorney general, Dave Yost, said on Fox News Monday that there was no evidence of a report being filed for the 10-year-old's case.""

???? We don't need no stinking fact or truths...

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...-abortion.html

""Arrest prompts criticism of Republicans like AG Dave Yost who questioned story of 10-year-old rape victim who left Ohio to get an abortion""

WTF
I guess it's really bad to ask legitimate questions.

I think it's been established that the police became aware of this incident not via a police report filed by the girl's parent or guardian, but by a report from the County Children Services. The notoriety of the case proceeded any involvement from law enforcement. So, I'm not sure why you'd suggest that questions are off-limits.

I can only speculate why it went down that way. My first guess, and that's all it is, is that many families try to keep such incidents private. If I were this girl's parents, the last thing I'd want is for the world to find out that my 10-year-old daughter had been violated in this way. The last thing they probably wanted was to have the Columbus paper make their daughter national news.

I think the Columbus paper committed a horrendous case of journalistic malpractice here. The story wasn't even really about the girl. It was a salacious opening to a story about the impact that the SCOTUS decision was having on abortion clinics in general, so the girl's story was USED as a way to make sure eyeballs got on the story.

Unfortunately, now that Biden and the pro-choice crowd have elected to make this girl's case their cause celebre, her anonymity is now at risk. Some enterprising "journalist" is going to find out who she is. Maybe some pro-choice whack job will try to make a poster child out of her.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Ol' Whell really can't help himself. He just apes the words of his "heroes".

You've elevated the skills to changing the subject and making a strawman into unique art forms, Chicks. Bravo.