Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I'm on Gardner Lake (about 40 minutes southwest of KC), it's just a small (couple hundred acres) community type lake. Has some really good bass fishin though, and channel cat too. Crappie are good in numbers, but run fairly small. Walleye and Saugeye are nice size if you can catch'em. I keep a little Sears and Robuck 410 for snakes. Damn things always want to swim toward the boat, I wonder why. I used to go to the Ozarks a bunch, but I sold my fast boat, and the palce I used to stay went out of buisness. Now I just walk outside and jump in the boat here.
I researched Gardner Lake, I'm kind of suprised that a lake that small would have 'eyes in it. They're not the easiest fish to catch, I'd say if you were to troll real slow in the deepest part of the lake with a crawler harness you might do some good. Most anything will hit a crawler harness, and they're cheap. Get hung up, just bust it off and rig another.

I don't mind snakes too much, but when they're one of those damn cottonmouths, holding their heads up like a cobra, it's more than I can bear.

I assume you were going to the Lake of the Ozarks. It's really close to me, but too dangerous. My little old 17' deep vee is barely enough...you're taking your life in your hands.

Think it was last year, some overgrown scow swamped a 24' cruiser...killed a woman who was in the cabin who couldn't get out.

Chas