Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Abby Normal

Drugs will never be legal.

Drugs=Bad

Bad=Illegal

It's ashame they were ever made illegal because now people think you are trying to legalize sin.

The same with sex.

The same with gambling.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
What, no arguments?
I'm with ya on this one Rob.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Administrator

I figure its time to revisit this question after 5 months. Did the economy get any better to make you change your thoughts on how to fix this mess ?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Resident octogenarian

They need to hurry up and set a watchdog on Wall Street, they are still playing silly buggers.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Administrator

They need to hurry up and stop lining the pockets of those that don't need it.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM

I don't know, but I am really starting to think that the US economy is not fixable anymore.The corruption and greed has taken a hold of all of US aspects of the US citizenry to such an extant that any meaningful discussions will not take place to correct things. Just look at the negative discussions around health care. Having all of your citizens healthy and able to contribute to your country is an obvious GOOD THING, but those discussions turned so ugly it just beggared belief.
So, how are you going to make the real hard decisions that will be needed to turn the country around? For instance, the manufacturing base of American needs to be restored. People have to start being willing to pay more to purchase US made goods, and pay much more if needed, to kill the huge trade deficits. The trade deficits are a huge cut to the jugular of the United States, and real wealth is just pouring out of the country. There will be no economic recovery until the trade deficits are corrected. But who will tell Americans they need to stop buying Japanese cars right now or purchasing Chinese DVD players at Wal-Mart for $39? Who will tell the corporations that they have to stop exporting jobs and closing down plants in the US and take the $.05 per share hit of the bottom line?
To be honest, it looks like something worse than the depression is going to be needed to turn America around. And from what I see, the worse is still ahead of you guys....
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I don't know, but I am really starting to think that the US economy is not fixable anymore.The corruption and greed has taken a hold of all of US aspects of the US citizenry to such an extant that any meaningful discussions will not take place to correct things. ....
It has always been that way. Just an FYI.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
It has always been that way. Just an FYI.
You know, I really don't think that it has. Sure there have been elements of it, and greed and corruption go wherever people are, but the level of hatred and vitriol has just escalated beyond anything I could imagine in the last 10 years. Greed? I think the late 80's is where started going all out of control.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Well, globalization has worked out pretty well for the super wealthy and their hip pocket politicians...but not so good for the rest of us.

Starting to look like that crazy assed Ross Perot was right.

Chas
Old 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
You know, I really don't think that it has. Sure there have been elements of it, and greed and corruption go wherever people are, but the level of hatred and vitriol has just escalated beyond anything I could imagine in the last 10 years. Greed? I think the late 80's is where started going all out of control.
why did we need labor laws-OSHA----the FDA 100 years ago

what we are dealing with is human nature and it has not changed