Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Special counsel Robert Mueller is in possession of "many tens of thousands" of emails from President Donald Trump's transition team officials, sources told Axios on Saturday.

The emails reportedly include conversations about sensitive topics, such as potential appointments, the political views of senators involved in the confirmation process, and policy planning.

The special counsel obtained the emails from the General Services Administration, which hosted the transition team's email system.

Transition team officials reportedly assumed that Mueller would want to see some of the emails, which is why they separated out the ones they considered privileged. However, they only learned that Mueller had obtained all the emails from a third party when investigators questioned witnesses about their contents. Per Axios, Mueller's team has emails from 12 different accounts, one of which had about 7,000 emails.

"Mueller is using the emails to confirm things, and get new leads," one transition team source told Axios.

http://www.businessinsider.com/muell...emails-2017-12

I bet the Trump team is shitting bricks.

No wonder the screeching and hand waving from Trump and his camp followers has been turned up to eleven lately. Time for one of those five gallon tins of popcorn methinks.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
No wonder the screeching and hand waving from Trump and his camp followers has been turned up to eleven lately. Time for one of those five gallon tins of popcorn methinks.
Yep, Trump's lawyers are going batshit crazy. Pass that popcorn.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-lawyer-299577
Old 12-16-2017, 08:20 PM

By KQED News Staff
December 15, 2017

This post has been updated.

A White House lawyer is refuting a rumor voiced by Congresswoman Jackie Speier (D-San Mateo) that President Donald Trump intends to fire special counsel Robert Mueller before Christmas.

On Saturday, White House special counsel Ty Cobb told CNN that no such plans exist:

“As the White House has consistently said for months, there is no consideration of firing the special counsel,” Ty Cobb, the White House special counsel, told CNN in a statement.

Speier told KQED Newsroom on Friday that she believes Republicans are trying to shut down the House Intelligence Committee’s probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 elections.

“I believe the President wants all of this shutdown,” Speier said when asked if she believed House Republicans were bowing to pressure from the White House. “The rumor on the Hill when I left yesterday was that the president was going to make a significant speech at the end of next week. And on Dec. 22, when we are out of D.C., he was going to fire Robert Mueller.”

Speier said if the president did fire Mueller, it would cause a constitutional crisis. “That is Saturday massacre 2.0,” she said, referring to President Richard Nixon ordering the firing of Archibald Cox, the special prosecutor investigating the Watergate scandal. “Without a doubt there would be an impeachment effort.”

You can see the full interview with Speier below:

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/15...-russia-probe/
Old 12-16-2017, 08:31 PM

Perhaps the GOP can get Trump to resign for about $5 Billion or so.
In the long run this will be cheaper for the country.
But would Trump quit? Doubt it, but worth making an offer he should not refuse.
If Trump does fire Mueller, what if the GOP House and Senate cringe in fear of Trump and do nothing?
Or they could stall the process by beginning an investigation of the Justice Department as Trump and ssome of the Reublicans have been asking for.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:41 PM

Trump could retire and do good things to make history kind to his memory like Jimmy Carter has, this is all ego and gaming whoever he can. Just like Pootin is gaming him although he can't see it, and he will go down as Pootin's fool that was the worst President this country ever had.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Jigsawed

It seems to me that the ground is being laid to fire Mueller.

I am basing this on the heavy hyped up anti-Mueller sound coming from the Trump admin and Fox.

Last edited by Dondilion; 12-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Ready

I make odds of 98% or more that if Mueller is fired, an attempt will be made to impeach Trump, all kinds of constitutional hell will break lose and the country will be up for grabs.

I make odds of 40% or so that we then wind up morphing into a Russian-style kleptocracy that pretends to be a constitutional republic, maybe Trump at the top, maybe not.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:24 PM

Trump seems to be enamored by the governing styles of folks like Duterte, Jong-Un, Putin et-al., so I'll put my wager on #2. I don't think the people of this country will be bothering to do much to prevent it.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:24 PM

That is my fear also. I believe it has already began. Think of the National land just released and now can be sold of.

Trump is not going to leave office like it to much. The investigation will find illegalities recommend charges. But with the Reps in power nothing will happen.

Barney
Old 12-18-2017, 11:58 AM

FBI warned Trump in 2016 Russians would try to infiltrate his campaign

And the usual push back from the Dotard administration, attack the messenger.
Quote:
"That the Republican and Democrat nominee for president received a standardized briefing on counterintelligence is hardly a news story," said Raj Shah, a White House spokesman. "That NBC News hears about the contents of this classified conversation due to an inappropriate leak is a news story."
And here is the catch 22.
Quote:
The situation was complicated by the fact that the FBI had already become aware of contacts between members of the Trump campaign and Russia, and was beginning to investigate further. Former CIA Director John Brennan has said he told the FBI about a pattern of contacts the CIA observed between members of the Trump team and Russians, and former FBI Director James Comey said the bureau then began investigating in July 2016.

Montoya and other former FBI officials told NBC News the FBI would not have wanted to compromise that investigation by saying too much in the counterintelligence briefing of Trump.

By the time of the warning in late July or August, at least seven Trump campaign officials had been in contact with Russians or people linked to Russia, according to public reports. There is no public evidence that the campaign reported any of that to the FBI.
Expect Trump to slam NBC and MSM regarding leaks along with the FBI.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpaign-n830596