Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
It's a shitload of money alright. I can't see spending that much to go see any politician. It'll be interesting to see how many people attend at those prices.

John
I was wondering what if it ends up being a sellout. Each year the smartest students from each school meet up there to hold the Beta convention and since our daughter has been lucky enough to compete a few years in a row .. I've come to notice the place is BIG. If every seat is filled, it'll add up to about 3 million dollars if I'm figuring right. If so, I wonder who'll get all that money?

Last edited by hillbilly; 12-03-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
While they may have legitimate concerns (and this is arguable), if they cannot articulate them in a cogent and convincing fashion, they will continue to be perceived as a bunch of "dolts." Any legitimate concerns are lost within their "Obama is a Kenyan/Muslim/Indonesian/terrorist/Nazi/communist/terrorist" and death panel silliness.
Ah! I have another thing our President is to add to my growing list!

"Indonesian".

You forgot to include "Hitler", "Stalin", "Dictator", and the latest, prior to "Indonesian"----"Fag lover".
This what my drunken, fat, and lazy Conservative Republican neighbor was calling him Friday night, "Fag Lover", over and over and over again until the idiot finally passed out. This was after he bragged on for an hour about being self-employed and uninsured. "I pay my own doctor bills. I might go broke doin' it, but that's the way it should be. That's freedom, man! I don't need that fag lover Obamas help, f**k that fag lover. I'd rather be bankrupt than have insurance if it's got that fag lovin' ni***rs name on it."

My favorite part was the one about how "freedom" is being bankrupt and buried under a pile of unpayable medical bills. What a jackass! Please tell me this country isn't full of people who think like this, would you, PLEASE?

If it weren't for the fact that he kept handing me beers as I listened to his drunken horseshit, I would have left early on.

Dave
Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Area Man

$549? Oh shit.

This reminds me of when all of the good ole boy wingnuts at work were headed to RuthsChris when Limbaugh was telling them how fantastic it was.
Or should I say how fantastic THE PRICES are? "Conservatives" paying $150 for a steak dinner, something that ends up in the toilet an hour later. But let a homeless man ask the tightwads for a mickey D's hamburger and watch what happens.

I wonder where THAT money was going? Let's see, what is Rush's latest contract? Wasn't it $400,000,000 over the next eight years?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-03-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Area Man

Now I've been distracted.

Would one of you "righties" answer the question, at long last?

Dave
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Well since our government don't listen to how ''We The People'' want our money spent, I say we pay notta .. notta damn thing til it brings our government to a standstill ( but I do support SS and our military ). Once they say ''ok, how may we work for you'' ( AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ), then we could go from there after we weeded out what we do not want our money spent on and make sure they don't borrow another penny from SS. I'd start by sending every illeagal back over the border, and offer no health services to them NO MATTER WHAT and no stinkin' more amnesty to the ones who are here waiting for our government to feel sorry for them and say '' ok .. it's alright .. we gonna piss off We The People and let ya'll stay .. now go to the nearest DL testing center and they'll give ya'll some ID ''. Ya'll really wouldn't have enjoyed hearing me the day Clinton done just that. DL testing centers here were in lines to the roads.

Last edited by hillbilly; 12-03-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Hey Dave,

I could burn a CD with the song "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" and you could give to the guy.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

The Teapartygoers would be a bit more believable if they picked better spokespersons. It was the ones doing all the talking at the last DC assembly that pulled down the collective intellect.

Last edited by merrylander; 12-03-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Good post about the ER's Hillbilly. That is happening far too often and is what
will start happening at all medical clinics if treatment is free and why this
healthcare reform should be defeated.
This makes no sense.
How can anything be free?
What does this have to do with healthcare reform?

Good God.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Well since our government don't listen to how ''We The People'' want our money spent, I say we pay notta .. notta damn thing til it brings our government to a standstill ( but I do support SS and our military ).
Well, as a matter of fact, they *are* listening. We ("we" being the people who voted for the folks who won) voted for Health Care reform, getting serious about Global Warming and figuring out how to get out of the war mess Bush gave us. So, that's what they're doing. Sorry. It's not that they aren't listening to you. It's just that you lost.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Who the hell said anything about health care being free? That sure as hell is not in the bill they are debating. Oh yeah, about illegals, to get a subsidy from the government you will need to prove your income level. To do that they will need a copy of your last tax return and SSN. Even here in MD they are finally stopping handing out driver's licenses to non citizens, at least not a regular one, it will be noted that you are non-resident.