Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Yeah, sure! Blame Bush!"----- Even in 2008, when there was no one else too blame.

Do Republicans EVER take responsibility for their f**k ups? Or, would that be too "apologist"? Too damaging to their grotesquely bloated egos?
It's been seven years Streak. And, assuming you are middle class you are worse off than you were seven years ago. Meanwhile the big boys and the stock market are great. Hope an change my ass.

Exactly when does it become Obamas economy.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
It's been seven years Streak. And, assuming you are middle class you are worse off than you were seven years ago. Meanwhile the big boys and the stock market are great. Hope an change my ass.

The economy, by any measure, is far better off than it was when Obama took over. Admittedly, Dubya dug a deep whole that would have gotten much deeper had the GOP been able to impose the austerity measures they preferred.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The economy, by any measure, is far better off than it was when Obama took over. Admittedly, Dubya dug a deep whole that would have gotten much deeper had the GOP been able to impose the austerity measures they preferred.
Stock market triples...righties wail and moan
Unemployment at 5%...righties stamp their feet in indignation
Real estate values back and rising...righties mutter that no black man could've done it. It must be sumpthin' else.

I guess there's no pleasing people who get all their information from Faux News, World Nut Daily and BlazeTV.

If this was the McCain/Palin economy righties would be crowing their asses off and holding parades down on Wall St.

Last edited by bobabode; 10-09-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0S21IZ20151008

Quote:
The number of Americans filing new applications for jobless benefits fell more than expected to near a 42-year low last week, pointing to ongoing tightening in the labor market despite the recent slowdown in hiring.

The data released on Thursday provides an upbeat check on the health of the labor market after last week's monthly employment report increased doubts the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates by the end of this year.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 13,000 to a seasonally adjusted 263,000 for the week ended Oct. 3, the Labor Department said.

That was the lowest since mid-July when the number of claims was at its lowest since 1973. Hitting such a historical low is remarkable considering the U.S. workforce has grown considerably since the 1970s.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Admin

Quote:

Tinkle down started under St. Ronnie, Zero.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Tinkle down started under St. Ronnie, Zero.
Those with the gold provide the shower.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:

It has been Obama's economy for the past 6+ years, you are just unwilling to recognize his accomplishments. I have an idea why.
Here once more for emphasis from Post #14.

Quote:
The number of Americans filing new applications for jobless benefits fell more than expected to near a 42-year low last week, pointing to ongoing tightening in the labor market despite the recent slowdown in hiring.

The data released on Thursday provides an upbeat check on the health of the labor market after last week's monthly employment report increased doubts the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates by the end of this year.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 13,000 to a seasonally adjusted 263,000 for the week ended Oct. 3, the Labor Department said.

That was the lowest since mid-July when the number of claims was at its lowest since 1973. Hitting such a historical low is remarkable considering the U.S. workforce has grown considerably since the 1970s.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real (inflation adjusted) median household income was $51,939 in 2013 versus $51,759 in 2012, statistically unchanged. In 2013, real median household income was 8.0 percent lower than in 2007, the year before the latest recession.

I suspect this statistic means more to most. So, you get the labor participation rate down so unemployment numbers go down and you get a bunch of jobs at fast food restaurants. Hooraay for Obama.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real (inflation adjusted) median household income was $51,939 in 2013 versus $51,759 in 2012, statistically unchanged. In 2013, real median household income was 8.0 percent lower than in 2007, the year before the latest recession.
Quote:
I suspect this statistic means more to most. So, you get the labor participation rate down so unemployment numbers go down and you get a bunch of jobs at fast food restaurants. Hooraay for Obama.
Mmmm-hmmm.

And how did the number for 2013 compare with the number for 2011 and 2012?

Or conversely, what was the percent difference between 2007 and 2011 and between 2007 and 2012?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
As usual, no link to your source.

And I see you still want to start the clock for Obama back during the final disastrous years of your boy Bush's Presidency.

Here's a clue Dude.

Your boy Bush was President for all of 2007 and 2008.

Obama did not take office until Jan. 20, 2009.

From 2007 to 2009 real median household income declined from $56,436 in 2007 to $54,059 in 2009, a decline of 4.2%. That's about 1/2 of the 8% that you are trying to attribute to Obama. Sorry Zero, but your boy Bush owns that 4.2%.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred.../MEHOINUSA672N