Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No telepathy needed. A few Repubs, from time to time, have shot off their mouth about the happy electoral results they look forward to (or claim to have achieved) with voter ID and other vote-suppression measures.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/6-other-...ing-democrats/
Yep, that mouthbreather in Pennsyltuckey comes to mind.

As a pollworker, I can assure y'all that in person voter fraud is just stupid talk.

The county registrar strikes dead people from the rolls when they issue a death certificate here and no one gets to vote twice unless they enjoy having to 'splain themselves to an asst. DA just what the hell they're up to.

As to mail in ballots, if you request one you are listed on the voter rolls that way. You have to surrender the mail in ballot to vote in person.

Anyone with their BVDs in a bunch over mythical voter fraud should volunteer to work the polls, take the training and edumacate themselves. The County registrar of voters will pay you a stipend or if you are a student you can get extra credit.

One added bonus of being a pollworker is that you get to know which of your neighbors are naughty or nice.

That reminds me, time to hit Costco and get one of those ginormous packages of toilet paper for the 'Great Midnight Toilet Papering' of my (R) neighbors houses.
Dems who sit out the vote get a flaming paper bag of cat shit on their front porch.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LOL! Might need to get them cats working overtime with the off year election

My dad works the polls, he enjoys it.

Pete
Old 10-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Toe that line boy!!

I love judges overturning the peoples' will based on telepathy. It just gives me a good 'wow we're so democratic' fuzzy feeling all over

Even down in the hood I don't know anyone who doesn't have ID. Next time I'm at my one buds I'll ask around. Bet it's a non issue - except to rile up bases.

Pete
It is a red herring, and one that has been long dead judging by the smell. Here we get Issued a voter registration card that also tells us where our polling place is. Shoot, we even used them as ID coming back from Canada. Is the GOP so effing clueless that they can't do something similar? BTW to get an ID card issued costs $$$ and that is a poll tax by another name This great democracy does everything in its power to keep people from voting, what a bunch of hypocrits.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:03 PM

Republican Embraces Obama Care In Effort To Defeat Dem Incumbent!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...p_ref=politics
Old 10-26-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
In recognition that he has become politically vulnerable in his race against Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.) over the state's lack of Medicaid expansion, Republican state House Speaker Thom Tillis is now singing a distinctly different tune on the issue and saying expansion under the Affordable Care Act could be feasible.
Lol, If I was a voter there I would be highly insulted. But then I am not a Fox News scared conservative that has no clue they are the same thing.

Carl
Old 10-26-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Lol, If I was a voter there I would be highly insulted. But then I am not a Fox News scared conservative that has no clue they are the same thing.

Carl
That's right! Just do not call it Obamacare.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:43 PM

Ted Cruz Using The Big Lie Again

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6167086.html
Old 11-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Ready

Fascinating. Cruz has been putting out the same sort of crap that was showing up in that Rasmussen push poll that JBS was trumpeting. Imagine that.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 PM

He learns from the mentor, McCarthy....say something loud enough and repeat it people will believe it...even if it is completely false. Substitute "Obamacare" for "list of card-carrying Communists."
Old 12-17-2014, 02:08 AM

Thanks Ted Cruz!

Why be a studious junior Senator learning arcane parliamentary procedures when you can shut down the government and through sheer stupidity allow more time for the opposition you hate so much to confirm lifetime judicial appointees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6328390.html