Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Area Man

Registered Independent, and damn proud of it.

Good evening folks!

I would say I tend to be a bit Center-Left, but I do not officially ascribe to any particular party. This has not always been the case. The first politician I ever voted for was Ronald Reagan in 1984. I was so enraptured by the personality of the man that I voted without even bothering to learn anything about his opponent. I proudly registered as a Republican that same year. I remember telling my father about my admiration for Reagan and the GOP and his reply was, "I hope you're ready for the screwing you're about to receive. I might make it, but you.........well, you'll see. " Now, this mystified me. I just couldn't understand why my Dad, a WW2 Veteran, a hard working guy who raised seven kids in a very conservative environment, would say such a thing. Why would he want to pay high taxes, etc., etc.

Now, I know. It took twenty years, and a few shitty experiences, like having my life threatened, (By someone whom I know for a fact is extremely racist.), for saying I voted for a Democrat, for one, but.....................

I tried the Democratic Party for a while, but just don't much care for the way they go about trying to achieve their goals. And it's a shame, because I think if they just levelled with people and told it like it is,
they would get a lot more support. But, they don't. Instead they resort to things that do more to hurt their causes than help. Their response to the considerable power of right-wing propaganda is always half assed. They need to clean-up their act and start fighting fire with fire.

BOTH Parties need to stop trying to kill each other, and start working together, (As if we'll ever see that. But I can dream, can't I?), sooooo.......

A couple years or so ago I went to the local Voter Registrar and changed my status to Independent. Honestly the best feeling I've had in along time.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-18-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Area Man

Oh, BTW; Over at AK I'm known as "Dread31".
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Area Man

HEY! I spent fifteen minutes on this #@%&*^ introduction!
Are any of you guys gonna welcome me? SHIT!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Welcome Blue!

Some of us folks on this forum go to bed early and get up early.

I think you'll have some fun here. Most of us do.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 AM

We're lazy. Welcome to th' Monkeyhouse, Mr Rosewater ! (grin)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Resident octogenarian

Sorry. but I only now just logged in, welcome to the nuthouse Dave.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Welcome aboard. You will find this board to be no where near as active as AK but we are a devoted bunch. Just got to be a bit patient with us to get responses sometimes.

By the way nice to have you here and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Abby Normal

Just checked in,

WELCOME!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Loyal Opposition

Welcome Bluestreak. It will be fun to have one more view in the discussions.

Just to show that I am an equial opportunity PITA, I will point out that you seem to contradict yourself. In one paragraph you fault the dems for failing to fight fire with fire, and in the next fault the parties for not working together. Are you suggesting that the parties will not be able to work together unless each is capable of burying the other with propoganda? They will work together only if they reach detente as a result of understanding that mudslinging will result in mutually assured destruction.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
BOTH Parties need to stop trying to kill each other, and start working together, (As if we'll ever see that. But I can dream, can't I?), sooooo........
Greetings and Salutations,

I would say we expedite the process by not voting for anyone in either party. The way they act they should have their offices in New York. One on Wall Street and the other at the UN.

You have taken the first step by becoming an Independent. Now use your voice and your Vote to purge our gov't of these clowns.

WELCOME to the conversation.