Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Area Man

Obama is the Messiah?

Funny, I don't recall ever thinking this. Or hearing anyone but Republicans advance the notion that anyone thinks this. But, I am frequently told that "liberals" see Obama as some sort of God or Messiah. I have little idea what they are talking about.

However, I have witnessed teary eyed Republican politicians talking about how America will have no future, unless they are in power. How the "America we grew up in, no longer exists." That's right folks, we are expected to believe that without the GOP able to exercize nearly single-party rule, not just America, but the entire world is totally screwed.

I look at Romneys campaign slogan, and what do I see?; "Saving America!".

Just something to ponder.

But from what I'm seeing, it would appear that there are a lot of people who think all will be lost and the future of their children and grandchildren will be totally and permanently ruined, if Americas "Saviour" isn't elected.

So, when I see this "You think Obama is the second coming of Christ!", I chuckle inside a little;

Because they are projecting.

Dave
Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Admin

I for one can't wait till they go on up into the sky to meet their dashboard, glow in the dark Jesus. It's embarrassing to me hear these fake Christians who worship money and power (over their fellow citizens) blab on and on about messianic complex's. Really? No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are wacked out and none to trustworthy.

It is unfortunate that this nation that once was rightly held up as a model of fairness (yeah, I'm that gullible) is now regarded as a senile & childlike monster with nukes and aircraft carriers. Now they are seeing our cracked pot "loony tunes" crazy old uncles being touted instead of tolerated (and ignored).

Sorry for the rant but it's hard seeing something as grand as our novel experiment in Democracy trashed and perverted for the insatiable greed of the rich & the famous. I'll agree with one idea of the Tea Party, we need to take the country back to the days of yore. We differ on one critical distinction and that is when those days were. I happen to like the days of FDR (without the Nazis and their axis of evil) and even a little of Ike and of course Kennedy and his sucessor. The Tea Partyists think the Gilded age is the one for them, because it sounds so shiney & rich - it was neither for an overwhelming majority of America. The Gilded age was dark, dirty and you were only guaranteed a short, brutal and mean life. Rant over.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM

There is a funny but ironic quote from the Gilded Age. I forget who wrote it but goes something like this:

The Americans have managed to accumulate wealth but still do not have culture.

Wealth only earns so much respect. After that it takes humility and compassion.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
There is a funny but ironic quote from the Gilded Age. I forget who wrote it but goes something like this:

The Americans have managed to accumulate wealth but still do not have culture.

Wealth only earns so much respect. After that it takes humility and compassion.
That is a very nice quote. I think I will use that in the next few arguments I have with my other political antagonists.

THanks!

Maybe your not so rotten eggs.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
. . . Maybe your not so rotten eggs.
Pop always said I was a fart smeller!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 PM

I think it was George Bernard Shaw.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Maybe pictures like this helped?

Last edited by JJIII; 06-16-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

'Let's just get everybody together, let's get unified, the sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing, and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect." - Hillary

Pete
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Maybe pictures like this helped?
Anyone can google up thousands of pictures to pick from to further a crazy conspiracy theory JJ. What do those prove? I would post up worse of GW as the village idiot but why bother?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Anyone can google up thousands of pictures to pick from to further a crazy conspiracy theory JJ. What do those prove? I would post up worse of GW as the village idiot but why bother?
I posted the pictures in answer to the first paragraph in the first post.