Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Admin

'Enough is Enough' LA Times Editorial

"These are not normal times."

"The man in the White House is reckless and unmanageable, a danger to the Constitution, a threat to our democratic institutions.

Last week some of his worst qualities were on display: his moral vacuity and his disregard for the truth, as well as his stubborn resistance to sensible advice. As ever, he lashed out at imaginary enemies and scapegoated others for his own failings. Most important, his reluctance to offer a simple and decisive condemnation of racism and Nazism astounded and appalled observers around the world.

With such a glaring failure of moral leadership at the top, it is desperately important that others stand up and speak out to defend American principles and values. This is no time for neutrality, equivocation or silence. Leaders across America — and especially those in the president’s own party — must summon their reserves of political courage to challenge President Trump publicly, loudly and unambiguously.

Enough is enough.

Some people clearly understand this. On Monday, after Trump suggested that “alt-left” counter-protesters were as much to blame as Nazis and white supremacists for the fiasco in Charlottesville, a courageous CEO — Kenneth Frazier, the chief executive of Merck & Co. — resigned from the president’s American Manufacturing Council in protest. His departure, which the ever-gracious president greeted with derision, led to an exodus of other commission members." LATimes

continued here http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-e...t=oft12aH-1gp2

Part seven of a series on Trump.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:23 PM

Maybe they could put a wax Obama in the chair since that is about what was accomplished when he was really there.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:38 PM

Obama brought class and grace to the white house and is respected the world over.
Trump within six months is already considered one of the worst presidents and is an international embarrassment.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Maybe they could put a wax Obama in the chair since that is about what was accomplished when he was really there.
OK, let's go back to 10% unemployment and a cratered stock market. Might as well give up half of our auto industry while we're at it. Then again, the good will Obama built up with our allies over eight years has just about been spent in seven months.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
What a ridiculous statement. The man gave you a Heritage inspired healthcare model and saved the economy when we were headed for disastrous recession/depression not seen since the Great Depression.

Keep those blinders screwed down tight, zero.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
OK, let's go back to 10% unemployment and a cratered stock market. Might as well give up half of our auto industry while we're at it. Then again, the good will Obama built up with our allies over eight years has just about been spent in seven months.
No thanx to 'pub reactionary obstruction.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
More about the fact that a large portion of the working class is making no more and sometimes less than they were 20 years ago.

If they open enough McDonalds I guess everybody will have a job.

Last edited by ZeroJunk; 08-20-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
saved the economy when we were headed for disastrous recession/depression
You mean saved the banks and Wall Street ?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
You mean saved the banks and Wall Street ?
Sorry Charlie, this democrat isn't some flea brained commie who thinks nationalizing everything in sight is a good way to run a country or your electronics supply store for that matter.

You forgot Big Auto while you were spouting bullshit about 'banks and Wall St.' Where do you think capital comes from, your mattress fulla Krugerrands and Maple Leafs?

Try again.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sorry Charlie, this democrat isn't some flea brained commie who thinks nationalizing everything in sight is a good way to run a country or your electronics supply store for that matter.

You forgot Big Auto while you were spouting bullshit about 'banks and Wall St.' Where do you think capital comes from, your mattress fulla Krugerrands and Maple Leafs?

Try again.
Read all of this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...e-Bank-Bailout