Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

The Republican opposition to the bill has less to do with the actual content of the bill than its potential over time to provide meaningful reform and an equitable system of access to health care.
John
Or could it be that the voters don't like the idea of leaving the barn door wide open to any number of new laws that could and will be tacked on after the bills passage?

Quote:
Part of the reason for its length is the Republican plan (successfully implemented) to amend the damn thing to death. The Rs did everything they could think of to make both the perception and the reality of the bill unpalatable to the American people.

John
Or could it be that the voters are waking up finally and saying they've had enough of the welfare state of things?

Quote:
The truth has no party. The Republicans have been thriving on division since Newt and before.

John
And there's none of that with Dems right? How much pork did they throw out to...ready...INDIVIDUAL states to push this bill through? To me that's just as much division as poor vs. rich. I don't see any of the politicians helping people up, just empty promises to become effective immediately after election of course. Never happens unless it's a handout, from mine to theirs.

Quote:
I think it's fairly apt to brand the core 18% or so of Republican supporters as Moonies but 18% doesn't win elections. Something else is going on and that is an atmosphere of fear and mistrust, directed at other Americans, which the Republicans, through their spokespeople Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Levin, Bennett, Weiner, Coulter, Malkin, Ingram...... I'm worn out........, have infected us with.

John
Know what, I listen to some of the folks mentioned above occasionally. Fear? Yup, that's what I have when Pelosi opens her pie hole. Mistrust? Yup, everytime ANY of the politicians says we're here to help.

Carry on.