Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Any Employers in here who are Democrats ?

Say ten or more people, have to make a payroll, unemployment insurance, social security, health insurance, incorporated......

Last edited by ZeroJunk; 09-29-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Say ten or more people, have to make a payroll, unemployment insurance, social security, health insurance, incorporated......
Sorry
I am not good enough to be a Master Of The Universe

what year did you graduate from UNC? what was your major?
Old 09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
reflexionar

I was an employer back in the mid-90's. I hated it. I was a general contractor and housing was booming at the time. Between spending 18 hours/day bidding, scheduling, and working, paying an accountant because I didn't have time to do my own books, dealing with workers and subcontractors who couldn't show up on time, at the right time, and often the right day, not to mention working out in the Northwest rain 9 months a year, I found it much more satisfying to go back to work for someone else.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Admin

Piss off, whiner.

Last edited by bobabode; 09-29-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I was an employer back in the mid-90's. I hated it. I was a general contractor and housing was booming at the time. Between spending 18 hours/day bidding, scheduling, and working, paying an accountant because I didn't have time to do my own books, dealing with workers and subcontractors who couldn't show up on time, at the right time, and often the right day, not to mention working out in the Northwest rain 9 months a year, I found it much more satisfying to go back to work for someone else.
Exactly. Of course, these guys would call you a profiteer.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Piss off.
That's what I figured. You put a round peg in a round hole and you want top wages and demand that whoever pays you to do that not make any profit.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
That's what I figured. You put a round peg in a round hole and you want top wages and demand that whoever pays you to do that not make any profit.
How about go fuck yourself? You don't know the first thing about me, whiner.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
How about go fuck yourself? You don't know the first thing about me, whiner.
Oh, am I getting on your nerves. That usually happens when you are hitting close to home.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Oh, am I getting on your nerves. That usually happens when you are hitting close to home.
In yer dreams, chump.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
While I'm sure you believe myself and mp and a few others to be full on libs you are wrong.

I'd be willing to bet you every single thing you own that you could not find one person here that does not want their employers to make a profit, a person profit I am talking about.

The issue is, the amount of profit versus what they pay the people that make the profit for them.

Let's say a guy is making $10 an hour. That is roughly $19,200 a year. Now lets say the owner or CEO or what ever is bringing home $2 million a year. You do not see an issue there? You don't think that the CEO guy could bump up the employee pay double to $20 with out really effecting their "take home" much?

Do you understand how much that guy making $20 versus $10 an hour will do better for the entire country?

This is pretty simple Econ 101 kinda stuff.......