Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Obama health law will cost $1.3T, CBO says
By Elise Viebeck - 02/05/13 03:10 PM ET

02/05/13 huh? A fiscal quarter later still yesterday's news. Gonna beat on Obama some more with yesterday's news?
So all of a sudden the CBO findings are A-Ok with Goppers?

Carl
Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Except that's the exact opposite of what Obamacare actually does.
Wrong.
It is exactly how the Affordable Care Act has been structured.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Wrong.
It is exactly how the Affordable Care Act has been structured.
Wrong. Its not. The states will get a short term bump in Fed dollars - about 3 years worth. That's if the states choose to accept it, and many are deciding not to because they don't think the expansion of the Medicaid system that would be prompted by the short term Federal funding is sustainable. If they do, the money stops coming in after 3 years, and the states get to figure out how to sustain the expanded Medicaid system on their own.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Admin

Yup, we have a duty to fuck off and die once we are used up.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Its not. The states will get a short term bump in Fed dollars - about 3 years worth. That's if the states choose to accept it, and many are deciding not to because they don't think the expansion of the Medicaid system that would be prompted by the short term Federal funding is sustainable. If they do, the money stops coming in after 3 years, and the states get to figure out how to sustain the expanded Medicaid system on their own.
The states already carry the burden, primarily with mandated, under funded or not funded, wrap around services that are tied to medicaid. The Feds have been systematically passing the burden down to the states across the board in social services since the Clinton administration.

All federal funding in social services has a sunset attached to the legislation. The ACA will be tweaked for years to come to work out all the kinks. There will be more legislation as time goes by for additional funding. This allows for adjustments in operations which are expected as services are rolled out.

Federal funding in social services typically have a cash obligation from states accepting it. That is nothing new with this type of funding.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
The states already carry the burden, primarily with mandated, under funded or not funded, wrap around services that are tied to medicaid. The Feds have been systematically passing the burden down to the states across the board in social services since the Clinton administration.

All federal funding in social services has a sunset attached to the legislation. The ACA will be tweaked for years to come to work out all the kinks. There will be more legislation as time goes by for additional funding. This allows for adjustments in operations which are expected as services are rolled out.

Federal funding in social services typically have a cash obligation from states accepting it. That is nothing new with this type of funding.
So your point here is that Obamacare takes the status quo, which is already underfunded and screwed up, and makes it a core element of health care reform. Brilliant.

And as for that "...ACA will be tweaked to work the bugs out.." comment, LOL!!! You got a crystal ball? Typically when the government tries to "fix" something, the result is something even worse.

Now, back to the original point of your post that you seem to now want to move away from, you told me I was "wrong" for suggesting that Obamacare had nothing to do with redirecting Federal money to pay for preventative care. You have yet to show me how Obamacare does this. Care to take another crack at it?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
So your point here is that Obamacare takes the status quo, which is already underfunded and screwed up, and makes it a core element of health care reform. Brilliant.

And as for that "...ACA will be tweaked to work the bugs out.." comment, LOL!!! You got a crystal ball? Typically when the government tries to "fix" something, the result is something even worse.

Now, back to the original point of your post that you seem to now want to move away from, you told me I was "wrong" for suggesting that Obamacare had nothing to do with redirecting Federal money to pay for preventative care. You have yet to show me how Obamacare does this. Care to take another crack at it?
Apparently you don't understand how gov funding works. Legislation this big always takes years to work the bugs out

Expanding Medicaid includes improvements to the system.

The ACA has everything to do with re directing money with an emphasis on preventative care. That is the very premise it was created on. Try doing some research..... It's worth your time if you seek out reliable sources.

But, hey, if you simply don't like your president and are trying to find fault with his policies, it's understandable that you would rather complain about it than learn more about it.

Nice try, Whell
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Area Man

You go, Barb!

Dave
Old 05-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
That's why Ohio accepted the money with the caveat - it only keeps the expansion if the feds keep paying for it.

It's brilliant. When the money stops it'll be the Dems taking the heat for cutting off the expanded benefits, which is exactly what should happen.

I have a hard time with 'reform' being ANOTHER thousand pages.

Pete
Old 05-30-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Nice try, Whell
You can bray all you want, but you still didn't answer my question.