Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Area Man

American Corporatism in a Nutshell

A populace kept desperate and frightened by the spectre of unemployment will work harder, for less.

This is why they abandoned northen states for the south and southern states for the third world.

Our only hope is that people around the world will, one fine day, wise up----and leave them with nowhere to go.

Regards,
Dave
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Jigsawed

Business has become more international with less and less allegiance to any particular nation.

Notice what is happening even in Russia and China. The big boys are moving their money out of these countries.

In a broader sense and in the long run America wins because of its culture and humanist rhetoric.
Resident octogenarian

As the TV commercial said "Somebody get a rope."

Corporations serve a purpose. They are useful for big projects such as building cars, railroads, etc. With those sorts of projects they let investors pool money to get big things done. To balance the equation, though, we also need unions so that the workers can form a club that bargains on the other side of the table. It would help if unions also had a seat on the board. Such a structure helps keep things on an even keel.

Where we went crazy was being fooled into thinking that we need corporations for everything. We don't. For most things IMO it is better to have smaller business units close to home. Such a structure shortens the feedback loop and keeps problems small instead of nationwide.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Corporations serve a purpose. They are useful for big projects such as building cars, railroads, etc. With those sorts of projects they let investors pool money to get big things done. To balance the equation, though, we also need unions so that the workers can form a club that bargains on the other side of the table. It would help if unions also had a seat on the board. Such a structure helps keep things on an even keel.

Where we went crazy was being fooled into thinking that we need corporations for everything. We don't. For most things IMO it is better to have smaller business units close to home. Such a structure shortens the feedback loop and keeps problems small instead of nationwide.
Pretty much how I see it. I especially would like to see the corporate world out of the farming and food service industries as much as possible. (Although, I fear the cat is out of the bag on that, and it aint going back in.)

But, I don't think they see it that way at all. I think they want sycophants and slaves, or at least workers made malleable and amenable to a "Shut your piehole, do as you're told and do it cheap." working environment. In actuality, I think that is the whole point in threatening to "go elsewhere".

Dave
Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM

I was in the last generation of whites to work the farms in SE Michigan. My last year was 1984. By 1986 Mexican labor swept over the area. And by 1995 all the topsoil was scraped off the farms and they were converted to subdivisions, draining the population of Detroit and its tax base in the process. It's been downhill around here ever since.

We need to get our heads screwed back on straight.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Resident octogenarian

Oh we are going to get screwed allright, but I don't think it will be in the head.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM

The trick will be unwinding this racket while maintaining the peace. After all it was designed to start a civil war. That means someone is ready for it and plans to come out the victor.

If whoever is behind it doesn't want to see civil war in the U.S. then they need to start yapping and tell us how it's supposed to work -- and then do it.