Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You are kidding, right?
Of course he isn't kidding. He's a bona fide Texas hater with an IQ equivalent to the number of stars on the Republic of Texas flag.

He's a pointless waste of water.

John
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Every time I consider cutting Bacon Bits some slack due to his IQ, I realize his moniker (BS) is irony in its highest form.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Area Man

[QUOTE=bobabode;147187]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
I can understand how you can equate a dictator wannabe to the spiritual leader of 1.1 billion Catholics in the world. Your comparison further adds to my suspicion that said “tyrant in training” is slowly but surely reaching the status of “cult of personality”. However, beyond the Kool-Aid drinkers he is just another citizen, albeit one that was raised in foreign lands by a foreign father. It shows your almost “godlike” worship of a common lying politician.

QUOTE]

You are kidding, right?
He did spend considerable time in Indonesia being raised by an Idonesian step-father.

But I, unlike BS, consider experience living abroad as a plus. One of the reasons why I voted for him---twice.

Regards,
Dave
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Admin

Oh, I was figuring that BS thought that his mother and grandparents didn't have anything to do with his upbringing. I'm sure he'll be along directly to rant about Obama's diet in Indonesia.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The Catholic Church has been quietly allowing married guys to become Priests for a while now.

Btw, back when the scandal broke the inner ring suburb I was living in ran a story of a case in the 60s, one Priest teaching an elementary school class was having girls sit on his lap and fondling them - during class.

The parents basically ended up storming the church with figurative pitchforks. He was 'reassigned'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What were you before they altered you?

John
ROTFLMAO!!! I was an alter boy too but apparently lucky to be at a Lutheran church

Pete
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM

It was so much easier being Southern Baptists, because they will always forgive you know matter how much beer you drink lol. I was always jealous because Catholics only had to go to Church once a week. I had to go morning and night and sometimes Wednesdays....

By the way Baconshorts quit bad mouthing the President and your country. None of our Presidents, Republican or Democrat, has ever been or aspired to be a dictator. You know better.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The Catholic Church has been quietly allowing married guys to become Priests for a while now.
Interesting! Could you point me in the direction of a source for that?

John
Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sure!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...ests-to-marry/

Pete
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Admin

C'mon, you all. Benedict is retiring to a convent. I really don't know what to make of that!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
His actions speak otherwise.
Really, please fill me in on all the juicy details about his "actions".

Getting back to the Pope the developing story is he has his fingerprints all over the L.A. Diocese priest sex scandal cover up. He reportedly handled private settlements with victims and parents and actually signed them himself. We shall see if there is any validity to these accusations.

His resignation because he can't effectively handle his position in the church is BS. He could be on his death bed and still be Pope. The last Pope to resign Gregory XII, 498 years ago, because of a massive schism in the Catholic church. There were at least three factions of the church that had their own Pope. Gregory resigned to save the church. In other words he fell on his sword.

Pope's today are elderly because a young Pope could build a coalition and move the church in another direction somewhat like it did 498 years ago. I predict a Pope will be chosen from Central or South America. I also predict there will never be an American Pope.

I also will say I have absolutely no respect for the Catholic church. Throughout history they have perpetuated some of the most atrocious acts of barbarism and societal manipulation in modern and ancient history.

I was actually a member of the Catholic church for a short time until my Irish Catholic wife wised-up and quit the church. Can you imagine the agony I went through? I was educated in a Quaker school and my family were Lutherans and Methodist.

It is true what they say about Irish Catholic women. They can be pistols. As many of you know here she is an attorney. About ten years ago I heard her on the phone threatening to go to another lawyers office and beat the sh!t out of him. She was really pissed that day. An acceptable settlement offer came in the next day. Can you imagine what I went through.