Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Area Man

I am guessing we are all white folk, here.......Save for Zeke, our resident native American.

Therefore, it is my belief that we all know the answer to the race question, it's just that some of us live in adamant and dogged denial.

Tell me; Through the course of your life, prior to November of 2008, you have always known that when the day came that we elected our first black president............

......the shit would hit the fan.

Am I wrong?

My theory has always been that whichever party this darkskinned POTUS came from would see an exodus of white folk who feel "a little uneasy" with the arrangement. The bigots would flock to the party they perceive as being friendlier to their supposed "right" to be an asshole. To my mind, it appears that I was right all along. Your opinions may vary.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I am guessing we are all white folk, here.......Save for Zeke, our resident native American.

Therefore, it is my belief that we all know the answer to the race question, it's just that some of us live in adamant and dogged denial.

Tell me; Through the course of your life, prior to November of 2008, you have always known that when the day came that we elected our first black president............

......the shit would hit the fan.

Am I wrong?

My theory has always been that whichever party this darkskinned POTUS came from would see an exodus of white folk who feel "a little uneasy" with the arrangement. The bigots would flock to the party they perceive as being friendlier to their supposed "right" to be an asshole. To my mind, it appears that I was right all along. Your opinions may vary.

Regards,
Dave
I think you may be partly wrong. There was no exodus from the Democratic Party in 2008 when Barack Obama earned the nomination and there hasn't been one since he was elected.

I think the reason for that is fairly simple. The mass exodus from the Democratic Party happened long before 2008. It happened in 1964 with the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Now, if the Republicans were to nominate a black candidate for President I think you would see that exodus. The reason is the same as the reason it didn't happen to the Democrats. Passage of the Civil Rights Act pretty effectively purged the Democratic party of its worst racist element and that element found a home with the Republicans. Many of those people and their ideological descendants would feel betrayed if the party that offered them a refuge from the scourge of racial equality were to nominate a non-white for president.

John
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Being a "Long Haired Hippie" since the sixties and seeing the reactions from people over the years. Pulled over for no reason other then driving a van with a American flag for a curtain and being hassled more then a few times. I can only guess what it would be like for someone who can not get just a hair cut and shave to fit in. You know a person of color.

I was forced to wear a short hair wig for awhile because of my refusal to cut my hair. Constantly being singled out as a druggie ( unfounded) because of my appearance by the narrow minded. But for the most part to a person the ones giving me the most trouble were always the conservative ones.

Barney
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Here's one that's not racist, and it's pro-gay:

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Here's one that's not racist, and it's pro-gay:

Why do you assume both stick figures are gay?

Interesting.

John
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Why do you assume both stick figures are gay?

Interesting.

John
Who would be involved in that situation and not be gay?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think you may be partly wrong. There was no exodus from the Democratic Party in 2008 when Barack Obama earned the nomination and there hasn't been one since he was elected.

I think the reason for that is fairly simple. The mass exodus from the Democratic Party happened long before 2008. It happened in 1964 with the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Now, if the Republicans were to nominate a black candidate for President I think you would see that exodus. The reason is the same as the reason it didn't happen to the Democrats. Passage of the Civil Rights Act pretty effectively purged the Democratic party of its worst racist element and that element found a home with the Republicans. Many of those people and their ideological descendants would feel betrayed if the party that offered them a refuge from the scourge of racial equality were to nominate a non-white for president.

John
I see your post as an expansion of my point and I concur.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Who would be involved in that situation and not be gay?
Some women like to take it that way too, John. Don't ask me how I know that.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Some women like to take it that way too, John. Don't ask me how I know that.

Regards,
Dave
LOL! Usually even with stick figures there is some indication of the sex of the figure, like long hair or a skirt for females.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
LOL! Usually even with stick figures there is some indication of the sex of the figure, like long hair or a skirt for females.
Both these stick figures are named "Pat" (nod to SNL)