Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Dave:

I've got family members that are almost that obnoxious. My wife had a Nazi uncle with all kinds of collectibles on display.. FORTUNATELY, he passed into the Great Reich beyond shortly after we were married. Watch "American History X". (one of my favs) It's brutal in places, but it'll help you "communicate"..

In California, we were 6 ft from either neighbor, with a lava rock front yard. So the view is something I searched for all over this country -- for two years before finding this spot.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

This is what we settled for, picked up the land (4.47 acres) about 25 years back, built the house in '89. Just had all the black pines in front and on the right cut down, going to rent a stump grinder when it is cooler. Red line is the property boundery on the right, white line is where we have already planted eight Nroway Spruce, plan to get ten more to replace the black pines.

Front to back the land drops fifty feet to the trees, house is 70 feet above the 100 year flood plain. We have a few hundred $$$ in black walnut back there.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-12-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

What beautiful homes! I can sit in my little wooded backyard and pretend I'm in nature, until I hear a semi with a bad tire on the turnpike 3 miles away or a big factory somewhere behind me fires up some sort of giant turbine...

At least I don't have aryans to worry about. But even here in the mostly educated mostly integrated suburban outback you do hear a slur or two occasionally.

Pete
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Pretty Nice MerryLander.. I can't let my wife see that picture.. Because I KNOW it's her style.. And I'm DONE moving. Aint' gonna be a flacaltennmd in my future...

Black Walnuts are pretty messy.. They poop nuts all over the place. Kinda like our hickory trees.

Pete:

Quote:
But even here in the mostly educated mostly integrated suburban outback you do hear a slur or two occasionally.
When people start drinking they ALL slur something..

Last edited by flacaltenn; 06-09-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

IDK WTH UB syn

Pete
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Loyal Opposition

Let's just all move to Lake Wobegone, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Let's just all move to Lake Wobegone, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

Regards,

D-Ray
You're telling me that I'll be good looking if I move there? Let's go!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Pretty Nice MerryLander.. I can't let my wife see that picture.. Because I KNOW it's her style.. And I'm DONE moving. Aint' gonna be a flacaltennmd in my future...

Black Walnuts are pretty messy.. They poop nuts all over the place. Kinda like our hickory trees.
The part about the walnuts is that the squirrels bury them in the garden or other wrong places and they grow. I wanted a couple on the slope, planted them and nothing happened.

You would not like Maryland, place is full of Democrats.

At least you can eat hickory nuts, black walnuts have this thick shell that is really messy. I swear it is where the Pilgrims got their brown dye.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Resident octogenarian

Nah, even Lake Woebegone could not make me good looking, those days are long gone.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Nah, even Lake Woebegone could not make me good looking, those days are long gone.
Not so, Rob. You look very impotent and extinguished.