Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Logic:

"the report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent."

This lawyerly declaration means a thing can meet any two of the three elements mentioned, and no be chargeable. And further, it's self-identified as a judgement call.

For this, the right will read "TOTAL EXONERATION!"
Similar example might be:
  1. Classified government documents / emails on a personal server
  2. User sent and received documents and emails that were classified
  3. Server was vulnerable to hacking, which presented the potential, and potential likelihood, that classified documents and emails were accessed on from the personal server by third parties
  4. But since there was no intent to send/receive classified information via the server, no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the matter.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Can't obstruction of justice charges lead to impeachment proceedings?
Bill Clinton might have a thought or two about this...
Old 03-25-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
This won’t be over until the entire Trump crime family is behind bars for their blatant and continuous crimes.
I know how disappointing the release of Mueller's report was for you personally. It must be hard for you to come to grips with the fact that, after nearly 2,800 subpoenas were issued and 500 witness interviews were conducted during the investigation, that nothing that resulted in any of the Trump family getting hauled away in irons.

For you and the rest of your friends and supporters of the Schadenfreude Party, I offer you my sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery, and get well soon.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I know how disappointing the release of Mueller's report was for you personally. It must be hard for you to come to grips with the fact that, after nearly 2,800 subpoenas were issued and 500 witness interviews were conducted during the investigation, that nothing that resulted in any of the Trump family getting hauled away in irons.

For you and the rest of your friends and supporters of the Schadenfreude Party, I offer you my sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery, and get well soon.
The depths of your stupidity rival the depths of Donny's amorality.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

If Trump's approval rating goes skyrocketing over 50% due to the Mueller report, as I expect it will, it is only additional confirmation that the country is more than half full of assholes. So it's our country, so it's packed with assholes. The only option is to find a better country...and there are plenty of those. Countries where women, LGBTQ, minorities, non-Christians, and other oppressed people, don't have to battle day after day to maintain their rights. Countries where six-year olds are not gunned down in their classrooms. Countries where, when innocent people are gunned down, something is fucking done about it right away...as opposed to here where the firearms mass carnage incidents started five decades ago and not a fucking thing has been done about it. Countries that don't have eleven active aircraft carrier strike groups. Countries where everybody including the rich contribute in proportion to their wealth. COUNTRIES WHERE THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF INDIVIDUAL BANKRUPTCY IS NOT FUCKING MEDICAL DEBT.

I could go on for a long time, but I'm sure y'all get my goddamn drift.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:41 PM

The report doesn't change the fact that he is still the same incompetent vindictive narcissist asshole, and the facts of who he is and what he's done haven't changed. He dodged a bullet on collusion, there was obviously at least passive collusion, and also quite obviously, he did everything he could to interfere with the investigations, including firing people involved with them.
None of that has changed, but the investigations were about having the evidence to convict beyond just making accusations. Mueller isn't the type to throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks, unlike the subject of the investigation who routinely does it as a literal lifestyle as a bullshit artist.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-26-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:04 AM

Folks unless the Barr complicity in the ongoing obstruction of justice is thwarted and soon.
Just will go down as one day closer to the complete takeover of the Right.
The report should of just been passed on to the House and Senate.
If the sitting President can not be indicted or even investigated by law enforcement. Then pass it to those who DO HAVE the ability to remedy misdeeds by the Executive, as in the past.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
If Trump's approval rating goes skyrocketing over 50% due to the Mueller report, as I expect it will, it is only additional confirmation that the country is more than half full of assholes. So it's our country, so it's packed with assholes. The only option is to find a better country...and there are plenty of those. Countries where women, LGBTQ, minorities, non-Christians, and other oppressed people, don't have to battle day after day to maintain their rights. Countries where six-year olds are not gunned down in their classrooms. Countries where, when innocent people are gunned down, something is fucking done about it right away...as opposed to here where the firearms mass carnage incidents started five decades ago and not a fucking thing has been done about it. Countries that don't have eleven active aircraft carrier strike groups. Countries where everybody including the rich contribute in proportion to their wealth. COUNTRIES WHERE THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF INDIVIDUAL BANKRUPTCY IS NOT FUCKING MEDICAL DEBT.

I could go on for a long time, but I'm sure y'all get my goddamn drift.
And why so many from all corners of the earth use every means legal and illegal to settle in such a country?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The depths of your stupidity rival the depths of Donny's amorality.
....and the crap you respond with comes from its own "depths".

Old 03-26-2019, 08:34 AM

The Critical Part of Mueller’s Report That Barr Didn’t Mention
The special counsel’s most interesting findings about Trump and Russia might be in the counterintelligence portion of his report.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/585703/

Quote:
Frank Figliuzzi, a former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, said he “never envisioned” that Mueller would bring a conspiracy charge—and that focusing on the absence of criminal indictments for conspiracy is unproductive. “If all we do is apply criminal standards to investigative findings, we are missing the point,” Figliuzzi told me. He noted that the vast majority of counterintelligence cases never result in criminal prosecution. Instead, he said, “they’re about determining the degree to which a foreign power has targeted, compromised, or recruited” the subject. “This thing started as a counterintelligence investigation,” Figliuzzi said, “and it needs to end as a counterintelligence investigation.”