Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Good job, Brits!
Good job cutting off their nose to spite their face. It will make my next trip to the UK cheaper, however, as the Pound Sterling just dropped 10% as a result of the vote.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:03 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Good job cutting off their nose to spite their face.
I haven't followed it, but based on your reaction and the fact that that right winger Cameron resigned over it, it must be a good thing.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I haven't followed it, but based on your reaction and the fact that that right winger Cameron resigned over it, it must be a good thing.
Putin likes it as it will weaken Britain economically, politically and strategically. The UK will wake up in a couple of weeks to realize that by their protest vote, they ended up screwing themselves.

As for Cameron, I bet you're the type who likes Corbyn, the nincompoop leader of Labor.

Last edited by finnbow; 06-24-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:01 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Putin likes it as it will weaken Britain economically, politically and strategically. The UK will wake up in a couple of weeks to realize that by their protest vote, they ended up screwing themselves.

As for Cameron, I bet you're the type who likes Corbyn, the nincompoop leader of Labor.
Relatives in Britain tell me that many British working class jobs were no longer advertised in Britain but in places like Poland and Lithuania.

Last edited by Dondilion; 06-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:09 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:

I don't know shit about UK politics, but I do know you. Therefore until such time as I earn more, I'll take the side opposite of you.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Mutated Member

I'm longing for the mass media hysteria to calm down a bit. But I am sure that Britain will regret their decision pretty soon. The Brits are so stupid - they can't cook, they are driving on the wrong side and they are political idiots. The half nation is suffering from political short-sightedness.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:41 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I'm longing for the mass media hysteria to calm down a bit. But I am sure that Britain will regret their decision pretty soon. The Brits are so stupid - they can't cook, they are driving on the wrong side and they are political idiots. The half nation is suffering from political short-sightedness.
A people who rule the world for a couple of centuries.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 AM

So why is the US stock market crashing?

Seems investors use any excuse to take profits off my 401K... Wish they'd leave something for me.....
Old 06-24-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Good job cutting off their nose to spite their face. It will make my next trip to the UK cheaper, however, as the Pound Sterling just dropped 10% as a result of the vote.
You are right. You cannot reverse globalization. The idea that the UK can "leave" Europe is sort of ridiculous. The trade deals they will have to make now will probably not be as good as the one they currently have. The UK may be a big customer but a customer needs a good place to go shopping. And as we have all seen things tend to change. Someday Europe's economy might be stronger.
There is anger from those who are losers in globalization. However trying to go back in time to a period that was "golden" (and that is false too) will not work. I guess the reason we have Trump is no one has figured out how to solve the negative aspects of globalization.
I doubt Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave though.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:15 AM

I know this is undemocratic but there is a lot to be said about letting elected legislatures deal with this sort of thing than popular referendums. People are not as smart in the twitter age. A lot of the propositions in California I routinely vote against are just bad law;
that is why many are not held up in court.

Cameron was doing a good job as PM from what I gather. Too bad his political career has been destroyed by it.

Last edited by icenine; 06-24-2016 at 09:18 AM.