Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Pretty Nice MerryLander.. I can't let my wife see that picture.. Because I KNOW it's her style.. And I'm DONE moving. Aint' gonna be a flacaltennmd in my future...

Black Walnuts are pretty messy.. They poop nuts all over the place. Kinda like our hickory trees.

Pete:

When people start drinking they ALL slur something..
I like both those nice open space homes. Of course, here in California its zero lot lines, or, if you're very wealthy, you can build a mini-reverse prison estate on a couple acres in La Jolla. I've always wondered what it would be like without fences between properties or property not demarcated by the structure built upon it. I would suspect more interaction with the neighbors.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM

BHunter:

Don't want to rub in (only Californians), but the homes in that Tenn pix I put up are 3X larger and half the price of my California place. It's unbelievable what a difference in value there is around the country.

And not having fences IS awfully nice. Dogs are under radio collars or voice control. And the kids get to roam. Our development has 30+ acres of "commons" semi-wild for nature. And that is part of the fun. Having a real lawn is a gift for a former Californian. Things like lightning bugs make it all worthwhile.. How many Californians know how incredibly beautiful it is to take an evening walk thru the lightning bugs? It's like Christmas in July..

This suburb of Nashville is just like Jed and Grannie Clampett's place. Kinda speckled with country music people, Tennessee Titan players, VanderBilt University staff and a lot of self-employed folks. We get tour buses coming by on the main road to look at the star's estates around the county.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Not so, Rob. You look very impotent and extinguished.
lol...
Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
..... I would suspect more interaction with the neighbors.
It's an ongoing problem.

Pete
Old 06-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Resident octogenarian

Interact with the neighbours? If I could build a 10 foot fence along the southest side of our lot I would. That's the miserable old biddy that wanted to trap and kill the mother cat and her four kittens. The mother cat was smart enough to bring them over here. We did have to trap them so they could be spayed and neutered, but they are quite happy on our front porch.

The northwest side is all white pine, keeps the cold winter winds at bay.