Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:51 AM
Banned

Stanley Cup and Corey Perry

Over the years I've lost interest in the National Felons League, and the National Batterers Association. And if the failure of Major League Baseball, to clear the steroid cheaters out of the Baseball Hall of Fame didn't do it for me, the Cubs ownership signing a pay for viewing broadcast contract with the alt-right assholes at Sinclair Media finished it for me with Baseball.

But I just can't let go of the National Hockey League. And since the Blackhawks have missed the playoffs four of the last five seasons, I normally would have not had much interest there either. Except for the fact...

That asshole Corey Perry has been on three different teams in the last three seasons that went to the Cup Final...and Corey Perry has lost, three times in a row. The last three seasons I have had some interest in the Final and I never have a problem deciding who to root for when Corey Perry is in a Stanley Cup final.

Asshole...there have been some real assholes in the NHL, but none of them, not even Dave Schultz was as bad as Perry. At least Schultz admitted and took responsibility for being a vicious cheap shot artist. All Perry does is whine about his reputation.

So Colorado wins...
Old 06-27-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Over the years I've lost interest in the National Felons League, and the National Batterers Association. And if the failure of Major League Baseball, to clear the steroid cheaters out of the Baseball Hall of Fame didn't do it for me, the Cubs ownership signing a pay for viewing broadcast contract with the alt-right assholes at Sinclair Media finished it for me with Baseball.

But I just can't let go of the National Hockey League. And since the Blackhawks have missed the playoffs four of the last five seasons, I normally would have not had much interest there either. Except for the fact...

That asshole Corey Perry has been on three different teams in the last three seasons that went to the Cup Final...and Corey Perry has lost, three times in a row. The last three seasons I have had some interest in the Final and I never have a problem deciding who to root for when Corey Perry is in a Stanley Cup final.

Asshole...there have been some real assholes in the NHL, but none of them, not even Dave Schultz was as bad as Perry. At least Schultz admitted and took responsibility for being a vicious cheap shot artist. All Perry does is whine about his reputation.

So Colorado wins...
I dumped Television in 1997. If I enjoyed watching pro or college sports, I couldn't have done that. I have to admit, inflategate fascinated me, but it is because it was a political issue.

BTW, If you're a baseball fan, this may interest you. It interested me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8InFV3_AQc
Old 06-28-2022, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I dumped Television in 1997. If I enjoyed watching pro or college sports, I couldn't have done that. I have to admit, inflategate fascinated me, but it is because it was a political issue.

BTW, If you're a baseball fan, this may interest you. It interested me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8InFV3_AQc
I'm really not a baseball fan anymore. Baseball has an integrity problem. They've traded the blatant racism of the first 80 years of "major league" baseball for the defacto racism of the next 40 years, and then for the last 50 or so years it's been the doping. MLB officially banned doping 30 years ago, but the fact that Barry Bonds and other dopers are still in the record books means the MLB owners have permanently left their integrity in their other pants.

Yeah, sure the NHL has it problems. Body checking, outlawing helmet cages, the glorification of "enforcers" and the stupid fucking fighting...it's pretty bad. But the game is so often so beautiful to watch, I just can't give it up.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-28-2022 at 03:20 PM.