Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

Not yet, but the cops keep trying - http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...d-3008490.html
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
'Military/Police state' is first of all a a bad name, a stinky generality. If you're taking this idea from some source, Nailer, I HIGHLY SUSPECT THEM OF PROPAGANDA.

But the definition, as much as there is one, is 'a state in which police power is used arbitrarily to protect and enforce government power and to quash dissent.' In my opinion, although one can point to some bad incidents, such abuses aren't nearly pervasive enough to earn us such a title.

Indeed, residents of actual police states: Europe under Nazi rule, the Communist states in the postwar era, Argentina in it's 'dirty war' time, etc, would be shocked and angered at the suggestion that the US situation now is comparable. Like, have family members of organizers of Occupy Wall Street, or of the armed insurrection in Nevada, been disappeared, tortured, raped, murdered?

If the police are using terror here, they're being awfully quiet about it.....

Liberal media is being quite about it, you realy need to get out more.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Banned

The Police State

POLICING AMERICA: SECURITY VS. LIBERTY

Saturday at 5PM ET on FNC

Sunday at 10PM ET on FNC

Where's the line between security and liberty? American police are now armed like the military; they use their power more often and forcefully than ever before. The state has new and expanding powers to spy on almost everything you do.

THE WARRIOR COP: SWAT teams were once called out only in emergencies. Now there are almost 100 raids a day. The weapons and tactics they use come straight from the military. Sometimes innocent people are killed. Why use so much force so often? What would you do if armed men in masks broke down your door in the middle of the night?

CONSTITUTION-FREE ZONES: Lots of Americans are getting upset about being detained by armed border patrol agents not on the border but miles away from the border. Some push back, sometimes with violent results.

MANDATORY MINIMUMS: Do mandatory minimum sentences work? Prosecutors like them because they give them more power when they plea bargain with suspects. But judges often object, and sometimes people serve long sentences for trivial crimes. Or no crime.

NSA SPYING: New revelations surface almost daily on ways the Feds spy on Americans. Does this make us safer? Or invade our privacy in destructive ways?

I SPY: Government spying is one thing. Now new, cheaper, "personal" drones make it easy for anyone to spy on anyone. Some say: "I've got nothing to hide. Why should I care?" But then why do you have drapes? Stossel goes to Florida to test the spying power of personal drones.

LEGALIZE WEED: Washington State and Colorado just legalized marijuana for recreational use. Could this be the start of America's trillion dollar drug-war coming to an end? Former advisor to the president Kevin Sabet says: "Colorado will show why legalizing marijuana is a mistake."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/st...8/police-state
MUST SEE

**UPDATE: Hope you enjoyed the "Policing America: Security Vs. Liberty" program. Robert Trudell was kind enough to let us use footage from his YouTube Channel of his experience at internal checkpoints. You can see more of his video on his website yuma310.com.

Robert Trudell Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ttoutpost

DHS Inland Checkpoint Search and Seizure - Campo Border Patrol Station, Pine Valley, CA, 31 May 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphl...mqyVyhgrzMTx0I

Last edited by 4-2-7; 08-10-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
'Military/Police state' is first of all a a bad name, a stinky generality. If you're taking this idea from some source, Nailer, I HIGHLY SUSPECT THEM OF PROPAGANDA.

But the definition, as much as there is one, is 'a state in which police power is used arbitrarily to protect and enforce government power and to quash dissent.' In my opinion, although one can point to some bad incidents, such abuses aren't nearly pervasive enough to earn us such a title.

Indeed, residents of actual police states: Europe under Nazi rule, the Communist states in the postwar era, Argentina in it's 'dirty war' time, etc, would be shocked and angered at the suggestion that the US situation now is comparable. Like, have family members of organizers of Occupy Wall Street, or of the armed insurrection in Nevada, been disappeared, tortured, raped, murdered?

If the police are using terror here, they're being awfully quiet about it.....
I just have to hit this one again. All your sources for "News" is "Propaganda" and I would say even more since the Obama Presidency.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Is there a difference between law enforcement doing it and the government doing it, it is always as it has been corruption,in the majority.there are some that really try and believe in our system.but the majority is out to line their pockets.

it is good conversation but it will not change,because man is inherently greedy and self serving for their own.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM

As a matter of fact,our police just got a brand new tank with a rpg launcher they said is for smoke and tear gas,but can fire explosives also.they used it last week to knock down a door down the street.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
As a matter of fact,our police just got a brand new tank with a rpg launcher they said is for smoke and tear gas,but can fire explosives also.they used it last week to knock down a door down the street.
Yep they do strong armed tactics for misdemeanor warrants.
Again fully documented but not on MSM
Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 AM

On the local level some localities are effectively run as police states outside of Federal oversight, except in matter that clearly blatantly violate the BOR and get the Feds involved. An obvious ploy in the "States Rights" defense as an excuse for tyrannical local rule.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-13-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Banned

I would like to change my answer to yes.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
How many police states allow open carry?

You are right about the prison population however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
At least one.
You can allow people to have all the guns they want and take the rest of their freedoms, using the gun issue* as a distractor.

(*For one example.)

Dave