Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
They're human, that's the Achilles heel of any silly Utopian dream. And make no mistake, that's what this is. All it needs is a few Unicorns, a couple of rainbows and some sparkly magic dust.

Communism would have worked wonderfully, if it weren't for human nature. Remember, the ultimate goal laid out in the Communist Manifesto was......ANARCHY. How did that work out? Show me a human society that succeeded relying solely upon unenforced "morality" as its backbone. They always end up passing laws, creating law enforcement, punishing criminals, experiencing corruption, establishing common defense, taxing people to pay for it all in one form or another...............

Nope, it always comes back to the same thing........Some form of governing structure.
Well, yes. You can make this sort of thing work with a particularly dedicated small group of monks. Any more typical group of humans comes to grief.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Just FYI before I comment on the rest when I get back from being an Anarchist.
The three ethics of permaculture are:

1.Care of the Earth, 2. Care of people, and 3. Set limits to consumption and reproduction, and redistribute surplus to the benefit of the Earth and people. Click on the link for the reasons. You are mistaking when you call permaculture an agriculture science. It is a design.
http://www.permaculture.org/permaculture-ethics/
Read the ethics page. Seems Mr. Scott and others aren't just happy with the expression of the third ethic. Too wordy, lacks poetry. May I offer a suggestion?

3. Never hoard, always share.

Over-reproduction, of course, can been understood as a form of hoarding. Pass it on if it seems possibly helpful.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Well, yes. You can make this sort of thing work with a particularly dedicated small group of monks. Any more typical group of humans comes to grief.
It may be easier in small groups and becomes more difficult as a society grows into the hundreds, thousands and millions. I can agree with that.

However; Religion also tends to be a hierarchical and full of tenet rules, does it not?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Area Man

"1.Care of the Earth, 2. Care of people, and 3. Set limits to consumption and reproduction, and redistribute surplus to the benefit of the Earth and people. Click on the link for the reasons."

^^^Looks like governance to me. And, particularly So(c)ialistic government at that.^^^

Face it. Anywhere humans dwell together and must share resources equitably to survive and prosper............
Old 09-28-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Doesn't have to be monks. Pure communism works beautifully in small pe-industrial societies. Once you cease to be small or leave your pre-industrial roots behind, communism doesn't really work all that well.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Area Man

Redistribution of resources, population control, limited consumption..... Which, of course means the others would have to closely monitor your every activity to ensure you're not consuming more than your "fair share".

Why is this beginning to sound like Glenn Becks "Freedomtown" wherein everyone is REQUIRED to serve in the military, certain reading materials, music and visual entertainment are FORBIDDEN BY THE COUNCIL and no one is allowed to travel outside the compound without the PERMISSION OF THE COUNCIL..........

Yeah. "Freedom" my ass. LOL!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Redistribution of resources, population control, limited consumption..... Which, of course means the others would have to closely monitor your every activity to ensure you're not consuming more than your "fair share".

Why is this beginning to sound like Glenn Becks "Freedomtown" wherein everyone is REQUIRED to serve in the military, certain reading materials, music and visual entertainment are FORBIDDEN BY THE COUNCIL and no one is allowed to travel outside the compound without the PERMISSION OF THE COUNCIL..........

Yeah. "Freedom" my ass. LOL!
It's not Sharia when We do it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Ready

Any ethics can serve as a rationale for tyrrany, since tyrrany doesn't really care if it's rationales are any good or not. It all gets down to character, and good people not letting assholes fuck things up.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Any ethics can serve as a rationale for tyrrany, since tyrrany doesn't really care if it's rationales are any good or not. It all gets down to character, and good people not letting assholes fuck things up.
Save us all from the true believers.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Save us all from the true believers.

Yes. And from the false ones too.