Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Furthermore, as much as I disdain the religious right, they must be at least placated, but remain within the GOP.
F them. What are they going to do if you put them in their place, go Democrat?

Carl
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Area Man

I told the wing nuts on my FaceBook list to;

"Calm down, change your diapers, stop your bellyaching, grow up and get on with your lives like real adult Americans do."

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Loyal Opposition

Are we talking personal responsibility here, Dave?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-08-2012, 06:06 PM

The GOP will be back, and you can count on it.

After awhile, the great unwashed will figure out that the Democrats aren't doing them any favors, so they'll vote for the Republicans, who won't be doing them any favors either.

The game's rigged, it always has been, and it always will be.

I would hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you're counting on a bunch of politicians, and their masters who enabled them to be in the position they're in to start with...then you are a fool.

A foolish serf. And never forget, these bastards need us way more than we need them. They talk a good game, and we wind up doing the dirty work. For peanuts.

But that's the nature of a homo sapien. We're just too insecure to live without a master. I suppose everyone needs a God to kneel before.

Just a passing thought, and of no consequence, as I hardly expect the nature of things to change to reflect my views.

Chas
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Admin

I always knew you were a reasonable populist, Charlie.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I always knew you were a reasonable populist, Charlie.
I've been called worse.

Is that the term for someone who stands in no awe of anyone or anything? Unless they do something which draws my respect.

Chas
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
If the democrats swing too far left, then the GOP has a chance. Personally, I'd like to see a third party composed of members from both sides. That, unfortunately, is not likely to happen. This election was close and could have went the other way despite the supposed "mandate" the DailyKos claims. One must also consider the uniqueness of Obama being the first black president and what effect that had on the election. The GOP's best hope is getting more of the hispanic vote since I can't envision the other polar issue groups switching sides anytime soon. Furthermore, as much as I disdain the religious right, they must be at least placated, but remain within the GOP.
Except the GOP lost because they have gone too far to the right and taken on too many Crazy Train passengers. Akin, Mourdoch, etc.....all of those wierdos lost.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Are we talking personal responsibility here, Dave?

Regards,

D-Ray
Paragons of Bravery and Steadfast Stoicism are they..................

Until they lose, of course. Then they start screaming about "..the end of America!" and what-not, then stock up on ammo and hide in the basement for a week.

But, this is not panic, mind you.....it's "preparedness".

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've been called worse.

Is that the term for someone who stands in no awe of anyone or anything? Unless they do something which draws my respect.

Chas
No doubt by yours truly. My apologies, Charlie. 'Tweren't nothing but a minor misunderstanding, I trust. I get so f**king tired of having my love of country called into question but happy that the asshole doing it isn't standing in front of me, I don't do well on the county farm. Don't ask how I know that.

I agree, results matter otherwise STFU. This guy from Florida, Alan Grayson D-Fla. 8th district is one guy worth a look see. I'm interested in what you think of this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Grayson
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The GOP will be back, and you can count on it.

After awhile, the great unwashed will figure out that the Democrats aren't doing them any favors, so they'll vote for the Republicans, who won't be doing them any favors either.

The game's rigged, it always has been, and it always will be.

I would hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you're counting on a bunch of politicians, and their masters who enabled them to be in the position they're in to start with...then you are a fool.

A foolish serf. And never forget, these bastards need us way more than we need them. They talk a good game, and we wind up doing the dirty work. For peanuts.

But that's the nature of a homo sapien. We're just too insecure to live without a master. I suppose everyone needs a God to kneel before.

Just a passing thought, and of no consequence, as I hardly expect the nature of things to change to reflect my views.

Chas
No it may not be coming back. A black President with a 7.9 percent unemployment rate just won re-election. If Obama had been white, or if race was not an issue at all, he most likely would have carried a ton of Red states. The GOP better wake up repudiate the racism,nativism, and women hating and get with the program. Otherwise they will be done at the national level, and then eventually at the state level.

If you think I do know what I am talking about read the headline story of today's LA Times. There are no more areas in California considered Republican. Obama won because of Latinos,Blacks, Women, and Younger Voters and here in Cali the Republicans can no longer control the California state government. And you know what happens here will be happening in the red states in a few years....like it has already in Nevada and Colorado.