Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Well....... the obnoxious comment was the one our new friend was responding to. His response was admittedly supportive of that comment but not offensive in and of itself.

I say, let's give him a chance to establish himself here without any baggage from other venues.

And then we'll get 'im!

John
Do what you want. I've heard enough from the Tea Party.

If this guy was genuine he would have come in the Introductions forum and said hi, I'm from the Tea Party, and I'd like to have a discussion. But, despite obviously being internet forum savvy, he didn't do that.

Instead the tone of his message was that his family doesn't understand his superior wisdom. lol.

It's old. It's mezz-esque. And I'm not cutting him slack.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHannis View Post
Okay so I came to this forum to seek refuge from facebook where I have been basically slammed by the liberal members of my family. You see, I am conservative, perhaps very conservative, with family members who are mostly liberal. I have been through numerous election cycles, enough to believe that this election has been the most divisive in decades. I recall a time that you could debate politics without thinking that your political opponent was a jackass. I have severely damaged relations with family members over what I believed to be civil but very opinionated posts. In hindsight, I would place the discussion of politics with family members right up there next to religion. Your views would be most appreciated. I can't afford counseling so I thought I would seek free advice here.....lol.
Regards,
Don
Welcome,
Overall, the regulars here are a fairly civil bunch.

If you're not calling them names, then the onus is on them to respect different opinions IMNSHO. BTW, politicians are all jackasses, but then, I find the concept of a "leader," or "boss" for that matter, repugnant. I find it impossible to engage most evangelical religious folks and hard core environmentalists in political discussion because of their inability to maintain propriety.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Admin

Snicker..he said propriety.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Welcome,
Overall, the regulars here are a fairly civil bunch.

If you're not calling them names, then the onus is on them to respect different opinions IMNSHO. BTW, politicians are all jackasses, but then, I find the concept of a "leader," or "boss" for that matter, repugnant. I find it impossible to engage most evangelical religious folks and hard core environmentalists in political discussion because of their inability to maintain propriety.
Most def Bhunter.....I hope you will still be my friend after Propostion 13 is gutted by the new Super Blue Assembly
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Most def Bhunter.....I hope you will still be my friend after Propostion 13 is gutted by the new Super Blue Assembly
Little known fact about 13. Here in Orange co Disneyland is a prop. 13 property and being a publically traded company it will never be off of that dole.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM

So they are paying taxes at the 1978 level? I was in Ohio and a kid when all this stuff went down in 1978...but we did hear about it on the news back then. I do not really understand it that well. I assume a house bought today of course is not subject to 13?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Admin

'78 is the cut off. Once the owner/s croaks it is assessed at current rates. Public corps. don't die even if they're Bained. Gravy into perpetuity. Before Flavor flacaltenn jumps me, yes, that's a simplistic rendering. Oh and BofA is another with a huge stake in keeping this perversion in the initiative process on the books.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Feeling right at home. Are you sure you arent my sister?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Not the last time I checked no................
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
No but you can be my huckleberry...