Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 AM

It just didn't add up!

For me, I had a hunch something was way-off and just not right. I mean, it just didn't add up! I asked myself, "are people really this stupid? There was way too much talk from congress on both sides saying "The American People" want this and want that. What "American People" where they referring too? All the ones I talked too where always saying the opposite....all but a few who held to what Fox News was saying. As time went by, I thought the media and all these stupid polls started playing this thing up like it was going to be really close with Romney having a great chance. I thought wow! Are people this stupid? Are there more stupid people than I first thought?

The talk about the auto industry and Romney's lie's , I refused to believe those in Wisconsin, Detroit and Ohio where that stupid. And then the stuff happening in Florida, I refused to believe people down there where going to take it, and then came all those long lines...they, and Ohio where making a statement! I said good! I also saw the polls about women and how close they where for Romney....I refused to believe women where that clueless as well... after all had been said about rape, abortion and their own bodies....no I said, they can't be that stupid, but the polls and talk shows showed they where just that after that first debate. I even began to tell people after that first debate, it was not that Romney was so good, it was because President Obama never showed up! But the media and polls said Romney killed him. I said how can that be if the President never showed up?

Then I discovered the polls at Huffington Post and boy where they telling a different story! I notice the media, Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC mentioned every poll but the polls at Huffington Post.....I thought it was because its a liberal site. Huffington had President Obama wining big time a month before the election they said Romney would only get 191 points and Obama getting the rest. Then I discovered Nat Silver and believed what he was saying....that it wont be close at all and that Obama's chance of winning was like 96%.

Come election night and when President Obama won Wisconsin, at that point I knew Silver was right and this thing was over big time....I tried to convince my wife that night but she was still on needles and pins.

That stupid Governor down in Florida has too go! Some one tell that jerk, the good old boy network aint working any more! The democrats made him look really stupid with the way they turned out fighting for their right to vote. He tried to shut them down but they showed him....I suspect he wont win another term.....and Florida still has not been awarded.....go figure. I believe they have a law that says if Florida is with in a certain margin, they have to recount. Boy what a mess.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

Florida is - well Florida - you need to pick up a few of Phillip Wylie's books.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Why his books?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers View Post
Why his books?
Yeah, Carl Hiaasen would be a much better choice.

John
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Here is another to add to your stupid people.
Netanyahu rushes to mend ties with Obama after seeming to back Romney in U.S. election

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...-u.s-election/

You can't make this stuff up. And just as I thought if you go to you tube and search Karl Rove Fox News you get that denier mess.
Looks more like Romney TV than a news channel.

Carl
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Netanyahu rushes to mend ties with Obama after seeming to back Romney in U.S. election

You can't make this stuff up. And just as I thought if you go to you tube and search Karl Rove Fox News you get that denier mess.

Carl
lol! I saw that on the news yesterday. He figures his plain with Romney/Ryan back fired when Obama won office for 4 more years. So lets see how much his Iran is about to make a bomb BS gets air play now....stupid people is right.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post

Carl
Classic!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daa9p...eature=related

American politics! The flags are at half mast in the OC, home of the Tragic Kingdom. Here's a little ditty to make you feel better!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Netanyahu can pound sand. I hold him in the same esteem as John Bolton and Dan Senor.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers View Post
Why his books?
Generation of Vipers was one, Innocents Abroad was another if memory serves. Most folks only seem to remember the Crunch and Des series, but
he did write serious stuff as well.