Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Loyal Opposition

Considering the demographics of Trump's core, my greatest concern is that there would be a violent reaction to the employment of constitutional means to remove him from office.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:50 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Same rule would apply here as with striking a king, not easy to accomplish against a standing army.
Which brings the question of how many in the standing army will fire on their countrymen?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Considering the demographics of Trump's core, my greatest concern is that there would be a violent reaction to the employment of constitutional means to remove him from office.
I have only to look for a minute or two to find Trump stickers and signs around my neck of the woods. I have yet to hear anything about anything like that.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
It may be helpful for you to read a few serious scholastic books about the Revolutionary War, paying particular attention to the formation of the Army Quartermasters Corps, the Continental Marines, and the purchases the Continental Congress/Army made with France. You would not be advancing this alternative history re firearms.
What I'm not doing is advancing YOUR alternative history of firearms. Point out anything that I wrote above that is incorrect.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I have only to look for a minute or two to find Trump stickers and signs around my neck of the woods. I have yet to hear anything about anything like that.
Same here, no suprize for this delusional red State.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Have you paid attention to the behavior of the crowd at trump rallies. See here. And here.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
That doesn't answer the question.
Quote:
Nope, Bob's post.

Armed insurrection is exactly what a population needs against a tyrannical government.

Notice that I did not say we need to rise up at the moment.
I guess we'd all be Canucks in lower Canuckistan then and hockey would be our national obsession.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:51 PM

There are no reliable figures as to the number of men who served in the Continental Army. The rolls indicate that 231,771 men enlisted, but many were for short duration and reenlistments can be counted twice. Washington had as few as 4000 men at the worst of the winter of Valley Forge and never more than the 26,000 he commanded in November, 1779. Out of the more than 300,000 long arms used by the American line troops during the War for Independence, probably in excess of 80,000 were the products of America’s scattered gunsmiths using mixed components. The remainder were either captured British arms, or arms purchased clandestinely at first, and then after 1777 openly from (mainly)French, German, and Spanish governments and manufacturers. if you do the math, close to 75% of firearms used by the Continental forces were foreign, and mostly from France.

French companies were ecstatic to sell their outdated Charleville rifles to the Americans, who were desperate to buy any gun supplies, powder, and bullets they could glean. Between 1777 and 1780, at least 16,000 rampart musket barrels were purchased and received from France(Moller.)

The finest firearms used were the Pennsylvania rifle, at a couple thousand tops, the British Brown Bess, a 44 to 46" musket of mixed quality but readily sourced, and the superb Charleville 1763 and 1776 French long rifles and muskets. The American forces had the upper hand at marksmanship, as the mature forces had years of practice game hunting for survival, for the frontier sourced troops.

http://militaryhistorynow.com/2014/0...tinental-army/

http://thayeramericana.com/back/research/research7.pdf

http://notorc.blogspot.com/2006/11/g...n-setting.html

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...lutionary-war/

Last edited by sheltiedave; 08-04-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
There are no reliable figures as to the number of men who served in the Continental Army. The rolls indicate that 231,771 men enlisted, but many were for short duration and reenlistments can be counted twice. Washington had as few as 4000 men at the worst of the winter of Valley Forge and never more than the 26,000 he commanded in November, 1779. Out of the more than 300,000 long arms used by the American line troops during the War for Independence, probably in excess of 80,000 were the products of America’s scattered gunsmiths using mixed components. The remainder were either captured British arms, or arms purchased clandestinely at first, and then after 1777 openly from (mainly)French, German, and Spanish governments and manufacturers. if you do the math, close to 75% of firearms used by the Continental forces were foreign, and mostly from France.

French companies were ecstatic to sell their outdated Charleville rifles to the Americans, who were desperate to buy any gun supplies, powder, and bullets they could glean. Between 1777 and 1780, at least 16,000 rampart musket barrels were purchased and received from France(Moller.)

The finest firearms used were the Pennsylvania rifle, at a couple thousand tops, the British Brown Bess, a 44 to 46" musket of mixed quality but readily sourced, and the superb Charleville 1763 and 1776 French long rifles and muskets. The American forces had the upper hand at marksmanship, as the mature forces had years of practice game hunting for survival, for the frontier sourced troops.

http://militaryhistorynow.com/2014/0...tinental-army/

http://thayeramericana.com/back/research/research7.pdf

http://notorc.blogspot.com/2006/11/g...n-setting.html

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...lutionary-war/
Thanx much for hard data.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Have you paid attention to the behavior of the crowd at trump rallies. See here. And here.
This is what the national guard is for.