Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Admin

Putin Announces Trump's Capitulation

'Trump, Putin agree in phone call to improve ‘unsatisfactory’ relations between their countries, Kremlin says' WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Old 11-14-2016, 11:44 PM
Jigsawed

Talking

Trump simply recognizes the Kissinger doctrine. Additionally it can be deduced from his regular statement about the waste in the ME--6 trillion dollars--that he feels Syria should be left to the Russians to figure out.

Look at the crap -we installed the Shia in Iraq and then through our surrogates fought Assad and the Shia in Syria.

Trump is looking at Libya and drawing his own conclusion.

Furthermore Trump is not a fool. He might not be polished but he has a strategic sense.

He knows that China is and will be our greatest challenge. Russia is weak.
It is foolish to make her weaker and push her in the hands of China, making China that much stronger.

The constant anti Russian articles are for the most part driven by Soros and his gang who were forced out and barred from Russia.

Obama paid them lip service because he owed them. Trump owes them nothing. Clinton owes them big time, but she failed to achieve power.

Now they are gathering...
Soros bands with donors to resist Trump, 'take back power'.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...s-trump-231313

Last edited by Dondilion; 11-14-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Ready

Those who hope for change project their hopes onto Trump. I not nearly as confident offering 'deductions' on what Trump wants and will do. But if you think Putin has ways to be very very influential, we agree on that.

But the conversation may go sort of like this:

PUTIN: "OK, NATO is dead!
TRUMP: "Fine, just one thing I want. Will you smash ISIS and let me take the credit?"

Last edited by donquixote99; 11-15-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Those who hope for change project their hopes onto Trump. I not nearly as confident offering 'deductions' on what Trump wants and will do. But if you think Putin has ways to be very very influential, we agree on that.

But the conversation may go sort of like this:

PUTIN: "OK, NATO is dead!
TRUMP: "Fine, just one thing I want. Will you smash ISIS and let me take the credit?"
I think we underrate Trump to a greater degree than how we underrated Reagan.

The guy has a central theme: We are over extended abroad and it is time we come home.

The MIC, the Breedloves and the McCains hate to hear that so they are quickly signing up everybody in Europe on our payroll.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 AM

How can anyone know that comes from a depth of knowlege of international affairs and not just a populist appeal to nativist isolationism to garner votes?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
How can anyone know that comes from a depth of knowlege of international affairs and not just a populist appeal to nativist isolationism to garner votes?

It takes no depth of knowledge to know that the Europeans do not care to pay for NATO--5 out of 28 meet the required GDP percentage.

That the US maintains more than 800 overseas military bases in more than 70 countries.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...e-world-119321

That Russia is weak and China is the ascending competing power.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:44 AM

So, what are the eventual consequences, intended and otherwise, of unwinding these established alliances?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
So, what are the eventual consequences, intended and otherwise, of unwinding these established alliances?

Prosperous nations like Germany, France, UK, South Korea, Japan take up the slag.

We get to a chance to focus home.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
'Trump, Putin agree in phone call to improve ‘unsatisfactory’ relations between their countries, Kremlin says' WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed in a telephone conversation Monday that relations between their countries were “unsatisfactory” and vowed to work together to improve them, the Kremlin said in a statement.

The statement said the two leaders discussed combining efforts in the fight against terrorism, talked about “a settlement for the crisis in Syria” and agreed their aides would begin working toward a face-to-face meeting between them.

Trump’s office said in a statement that Putin had called to “offer his congratulations” and that the two had discussed “a range of issues including the threats and challenges facing the United States and Russia, strategic economic issues and the historical U.S.-Russia relationship that dates back over 200 years.”

Although Trump’s statement did not mention Syria or other specific issues, it said that he told Putin “that he is very much looking forward to having a strong and enduring relationship with Russia and the People of Russia.”
This all sounds pretty good to me.

I don't know where the Hell you get the word "capitulation" out of any of this. I'd like to have peace with Russia. If you want a war, go find your buddy Paul Wolfowitz and you two can go out to a bar somewhere and cry in your beers about how your candidate, the warmonger, lost the election.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Admin

That was a quick ten day hiatus. Did they rescind your golfing privileges at Mar el Lago?