Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Now that spring is back in the picture and several months of work have come to an end...I like Bob will look to the positive aspects of the rest of the year. Heaven knows...it won't happen with political talk or any of the news channels.

There are sooo many positive things happening in my life right now. I shall concentrate on the blessings we have received this year.
I wish all of you a healthy and fun filled summer. Tell someone today...that you love them.
I do Mam, every day, she is my life. As to spring and summer I just this morning ordered a ne Mini Barn for the golf cart so that we can park it right at the foot of the deck steps. Walking downhill to thw Dutch barn was allright, it was walking uphill after putting it away that got old fast.

Good to here that blessings have come your way, well deserved I'm sure. You and yours have a healthy happy summer.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Don I don't think we need moderation, Finn pretty well nailed the problem and my simple approach to people like that is simply to ignore them. Much as I try to be a reasonable christian I never ever could take Paul's admonition to suffer fools gladly (wonder it he meant Gladly the cross-eyed bear?)

Last edited by merrylander; 04-25-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I think self moderation is the only way to go.

(Thanks for the work you do Don.)
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I think self moderation is the only way to go.

(Thanks for the work you do Don.)
Thanks, but it ain't much. It's more like a computer game. I figure out the spammers' tricks and try to beat them to the punch. For every spammer that makes a post, there are about five that get smoked beforehand. Ain't nuthin' like smoked spam.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've been considering the same. Life's hard enough without coming here and making it worse.

Chas
Chas- don't wuss out on a fellow old nail pounder. I would have to start calling Pete a goat roper and it just wouldn't have the same flavor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Now that spring is back in the picture and several months of work have come to an end...I like Bob will look to the positive aspects of the rest of the year. Heaven knows...it won't happen with political talk or any of the news channels.

There are sooo many positive things happening in my life right now. I shall concentrate on the blessings we have received this year.
I wish all of you a healthy and fun filled summer. Tell someone today...that you love them.
I love and respect you, just don't tell my wife. Our little secret, if you will.

'ey now! Don' be taking me too serious, you know
I would be ashamed if I started some mini exodus from the boards here. My frustration involves more my physical impediments rather than some twit trying to score a wacked O'keefeian point at my expense. Even twits can grow up (I speak from personal experience).
To reiterate what has already been mentioned
D Ray, please don't wield the mallet of moderation here. I think it would do far more harm than good. I happen to enjoy pissin' off the likes of Mezz. Maybe he'll get it, maybe he won't but that will be his decision. Trolls are like little worms-
some metamorphisize into something better, some you just impale on a Gamakatsu and toss 'em into the lake.
Bubba's just gone fishin' for a day or two. Charlie come on out to Californie and I'll show you what real fishin' is.
No bucket mouth ever gets you goin' like a 30-40lb. Yellowtail headed for the rocks with all of your 40 lb line. (We use live squid for bait, Dave!)Heh,heh.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
.... Ain't nuthin' like smoked spam.
BAM!

Pete
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
D Ray, please don't wield the mallet of moderation here.
C'mon Bob. You know that I would use a scalpel. I'd cut the heart out of those who disagree with me. (It does seem that some have already had a brain-ectomy)

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Chas- don't wuss out on a fellow old nail pounder. I would have to start calling Pete a goat roper and it just wouldn't have the same flavor....
LMAO!

Pete
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Dave I bet that was a hoot!
At first, yes. It was very interesting, doing my amateur psychological analysis of all of those imbeciles. But, it very quickly just became an endless stream of death threats and racial slurs and nothing else. There was really only one interesting charactor that I enjoyed talking too.....A mixed race guy who felt trapped in "No mans land" as he put it. "It's hell trying to make friends in a place where everybody hates everybody and don't nobody identify with me." I'll never forget that.

Honestly, I felt sorry for him.

Dave
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I imagine!

I know a guy who's against interracial marriages. And he's from WV.

What a stereotype? But, he's the nicest guy, and has helped kids from all backgrounds including putting them up in his home on a regular basis.

If you ask, he'll tell you that in middle school his best friend was interracial. And killed himself because he didn't fit in. You can see the pain still. So, he's against it because he doesn't want to see kids in that place.

Pete