Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 PM

Shouldn't have compared/contrasted Tiger & His Holiness...Tiger really IS a great golfer, IMHO, but ol' Barry, well, I guess he IS a world-class flim-flam man...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
It's ashame we have elections.
I mean look what happens, a black man from a city became president.

I am not for one second defending any other response in this post but I do have a question for you. Why is it OK for people of color to be racist ?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Maybe this is why he said what he did. Just a wag.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/oba...mo_code=8406-1
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Oh yeah. He looks white to me now. Glad you brough clarity to that.
YVW, Ed. IMO, people should not ignore their heritage simply because it may be convenient or popular.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Demand? Not ask? Why would you be belligerant and demand they leave? Remember...they came to investigate a possible CRIME in progress. To protect you and your property. It's their job. Egad If your attitude is indeed your attitude in your above post...you might be considered interferring in the investigation process. Remember you did not call 911...someone else did and ALL calls are monitored. I could just hear a lawsuit being based on a 911 call NOT be properly investigated.
Just saying...

Note that I said "come to my door and DEMAND" they need an attitude adjustment these days. He can come to the door and say "Sir we had a report of suspicious activity around your house, did you see or hear anything". To automatically assume that I could be a burglar is unwarranted.

I'll give you a true example; frequently when there is a bad accident down the road from us (two lane rural route) they will detour traffic. The problem is they assume everyone knows the area and never mark the detour. When it happened to me I found myself twenty miles out of my way.

The most recent accident - same place - my 74 year old white haired wife was told to detour and the officer walked away before she could say a word. She tapped the horn and he turnaed and charged at her car Yelling "Did you just blow your horn at me!" She asked him to calm down and that all she wanted to know was where the detour would take her.

By and large I find 98% of the police in our area to be fine upstanding men and women, but there always seems there has to be the few rotten apples
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I am not for one second defending any other response in this post but I do have a question for you. Why is it OK for people of color to be racist ?
It's not. In fact I have always disliked the fact that the Obamas are raciest.
My post was more about highlighting that this site is the message board equivalent of right wing hate radio. Facts are abandoned, statements are twisted and all is wrong with anyone that does not embrace 1950 culture.
There are many racists posts here and yet a relatively simple statement from someone we elected is a major problem.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

By and large I find 98% of the police in our area to be fine upstanding men and women, but there always seems there has to be the few rotten apples

I have found that number to be only 97%,
Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
It's not. In fact I have always disliked the fact that the Obamas are raciest.
My post was more about highlighting that this site is the message board equivalent of right wing hate radio. Facts are abandoned, statements are twisted and all is wrong with anyone that does not embrace 1950 culture.
There are many racists posts here and yet a relatively simple statement from someone we elected is a major problem.

Side stepping the question again because you feel it is unimportant...

I resent the fact that you paint an incomplete picture of this site. I for one want differing opinions here as it was what our country was founded on.

In fact we are about to start a campaign in the near future trying to get a younger college crowd involved at PC.org as I would love to hear their thoughts on todays hot topics.

You may think I do not value your opinions but I do. Its just funny that when a question is posed that you don't feel is relevant to a discussion, and others do, you side skirt it.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I think they figure it's "payback time". And I suppose they deserve a little of this. But I've noticed this reverse racism has been going on now for close to 50 yrs, and it's time let it go.

For one thing, going through life with a chip on your shoulder is going to do you more harm than good. And a person needs to be able to differate between a "racist" and someone who doesn't like you because you're a prick. They may treat you pretty much the same, but there's a big difference.

Chas
Old 07-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Side stepping the question again because you feel it is unimportant...

I resent the fact that you paint an incomplete picture of this site. I for one want differing opinions here as it was what our country was founded on.

In fact we are about to start a campaign in the near future trying to get a younger college crowd involved at PC.org as I would love to hear their thoughts on todays hot topics.

You may think I do not value your opinions but I do. Its just funny that when a question is posed that you don't feel is relevant to a discussion, and others do, you side skirt it.
Please reread my response. My first two words was a direct answer. "It's not" (OK to be racist if you are black.) Then I said that "In fact I have always disliked the fact that the Obamas are raciest."
I don't know how to be more direct.
Sorry you resent (truly) me thinking of this site as the message board equivalent of right wing hate radio but it is an honest straight forward opinion.

If you ever feel I side step an issue for any reason just ask me for direct clarification. Frankly that is why my post count is down, I find most facts are abandoned in these threads and most posters are not willing to challenge there own preconceived ideas and are to needy of value bonding to open up and think through issues.
Does not mean I am right, but that is my sincere straight forward belief.