Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Oh, gotta run, O'Reilly's breakin it down.

let me guess, his millionaire ass found it a bad idea, in a fair and balanced way of course
Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Administrator

I don't particularly care for Bill or his style but on occasion he does ask questions that others do not.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Does anyone know the exact details of this plan? I'm not going to bitch if I no longer have to pay $120 a week for health care....
Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well on the subject of taxing millionaires I see that Wall Street and the big banks are upping salaries over and above last year. Isn't that precious (as the church lady would say) screw up the system beyond recognition and you get a raise. Tax them out the wazoo!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

A little history for y'all. My Dad died in hospital about ten days before his 81st birthday. They had operated on his prostate and a blod clot from the operation site broke loose and jammed in his pulmonary artery. Now this was before Single Payer and frankly the hospitals were going downhill. The majority of the nursing staff was from offshore and of questionable talent. He should have been given blood thinners but they only did that at the last minute.

Then came the Single Payer plan and the improvement in the hospitals was like night and day. Nursing staff are mainly Canadian born and very competent. Prescription drug prices are controlled so people don't have to choose between medications or food. Best of all is that it is a non-profit scheme as my personal opinion is that making money from people's misery is obscene.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-23-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
A little history for y'all. My Dad died in hospital about ten days before his 81st birthday. They had operated on his prostate and a blod clot from the operation site broke loose and jammed in his pulmonary artery. Now this was before Single Payer and frankly the hospitals were going downhill. The majority of the nursing staff was from offshore and of questionable talent. He should have been given blood thinners but they only did that at the last minute.

Then came the Sigle Payer plan and the improvement in the hospitals was like night and day. Nursing staff are mainly Canadian born and very competent. Prescription drug prices are controlled so people don't have to choose between medications or food. Best of all is that it is a non-profit scheme as my personal opinion is that making money from people's misery is obscene.
Agree. Add to a people's misery list the following : lawyers... morticians and lets not forget the most expensive real estate...the cemetary. Hey... sound morbid? Some of you will no doubt be dealing as an executor of an estate some day...truth is stranger than fiction!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

We plan on being cremated in a plain cardboard box, going rate is about $800. Weld me in a steel coffin and I will still rot from the inside out, the morticians are not Egyptian mummifiers no matter what they say.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We plan on being cremated in a plain cardboard box, going rate is about $800. Weld me in a steel coffin and I will still rot from the inside out, the morticians are not Egyptian mummifiers no matter what they say.

If you check with your local county...they might offer it for $300. Some return the ashes USPS for disposal. I would like my ashes be used to fertilized tulips. Bone meal is sooo expensive! Guess we could be grossing some out.
I am a realist.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
If you check with your local county...they might offer it for $300. Some return the ashes USPS for disposal. I would like my ashes be used to fertilized tulips. Bone meal is sooo expensive! Guess we could be grossing some out.
I am a realist.
I've already told 'em all that I want the torch. And I don't want a funeral..if a few of 'em want to set down and have a beer on me (I'm buyin'), praise me or cuss me, I don't care. As long as they tell the truth. And I'm gonna write my own eulogy...not that they'll read it.

And if anyone turns on a boombox, or releases balloons in the air, or any of that New Way crapola, I WILL return from the grave and make their life Hell...if I can.

But I will cut 'em some slack if they have a monkey riding a unicycle while blowing on a party favor. That would be pretty classy.

Chas
Old 07-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Cremate me, put my ashes in a Manure Spreader, & let me put it out nice 'n' thick one more time...Oh, & they'd BETTER play the "Piano Exit" from "Layla", or I'll come back & haunt 'em...(grin)