Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Well, at least the bastards got the election right after Florida had it all screwed up.
Yes, they did "get it" "right."
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM

Little Latina Loopy-Loo is gonna sail thru w/o so much as a peep...Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth right now, but we'll see her true colors soon enuff...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think we need the best legal minds while representing as many different groups as possible.
All young members of sociaty need to be able to identify with leaders and policy makers and not all can identify with an old white guy.
In fact many socioeconomic groups are very distrusting of old white guys. Excluding them from power will not change that, including them will.

She's brilliant! Speaks clearly off the cuff and no doubt has seen her share of buffoons (court jesters) in her time. As far as the comment white male...white happens to be the predominance of the jesters. I don't go on record for ANY racial remarks...but when the yard is full of robins...I don't call them sparrows. We are so damn sensitive to calling em as we see em. And being judged.

Think about it...you can probably think of a few people right now who think they invented the wheel and literally don't understand why it turns.
After all...a lawyer in a courtroom is judged by his performance and case wins. Just saying....
Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Well, at least the bastards got the election right after Jeb Bush had it all screwed up.

Fixed it for you.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

I'm of a mind that a President should get his choice so long as they're not grossly unqualified or radical. Said the same about Roberts. Wouldn't have been my choice, but we didn't win that election. This time we did, and she sure seems like a good pick to me. I don't like making these confirmations politically devisive. Didn't like it when Obama did it and wouldn't like it now. I've gained a whole heap of respect for some of the Republicans, especially Lindsey Graham. That's a man I can look at and say "I don't agree with him, but I respect him." We need more of that. Hope he runs for President.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Abby Normal

Sotomayor makes history

The Senate vote, presided over by new Senator Al Franken of Minnesota, was 68-31.
That compares to a 78-22 vote for Chief Justice John Roberts in 2005 and 58-42 for Samuel Alito in 2006.

How do the republican here feel about this? (like there are any none republicans here!)
Old 08-06-2009, 03:43 PM

Let's see how she legislates.

And I must me missing something...how come Franken was presiding over the senate?

Chas
Old 08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Let's see how she legislates.

And I must me missing something...how come Franken was presiding over the senate?

Chas

I cannot answer why Franken was presiding but I do find it interesting that you say "Let's see how she [B]legislates."

Me thinks you are concerned.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Of course I'm concerned, I don't care for activist judges..no matter which direction they lean. If she can leave her personal views at the door, and legislate according to the letter of the law, I will have no complaints.

I would think that even you would feel the same.

Anyway, what goes around comes around...live it up while you can.

Chas
Old 08-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Of course I'm concerned, I don't care for activist judges..no matter which direction they lean. If she can leave her personal views at the door, and legislate according to the letter of the law, I will have no complaints.

I would think that even you would feel the same.

Anyway, what goes around comes around...live it up while you can.

Chas
Even me huh?

LOL

Live it up now????? not sure what you mean