Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Why is race even asked about, if someone tries to burgle my home I just want him stopped, I don't give a damn if he is green with purple stripes.
Why do they ask for a description period? I can see that going in on something "in progress" a guy might want to know who to look for. This cop has surely been scrutinized just like Palin, so if his kids have a pimple or anything, I'm sure we would know. From what I've seen, his record speaks for itself. I think some folks think they are "special" or just plain don't like authority. The report was of "2" men, and I wonder how this guy would have felt if the officer had him step outside, and sure enough, there was an intruder hiding behind the curtains with a gun trained on him. Cops don't have the easiest job as it is, and surely don't need some self important asshat making things harder and or more dangerous. I could be biased though, as I have had my life literally saved by the police.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
This cop has surely been scrutinized just like Palin, .
Of course.

I have an idea, take some personal responsibility.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well the tape is out and it does not make things look very good for the police. It seems the lady who called it in did not identify the two men as being black, nor did she say they were wearing backpacks, but were carrying suitcases. After prodding by the dispatcher she did say that one of the men might have been hispanic.

Makes me think of the story about the Brit using the expression "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." The Frenchman translated it into German whereupon the German translated it for the Russian. What the Russian understood was "The meat is rotten but there is plenty of vodka."

Yeah...I guess its time to change the NAME of some organizations that carry the race descriptions...but...guess when money's involved...its a different story.
Do you suppose we could get away with..." The United White College Fund"? Just wondering...

http://www.blacknews.com/directory/b...izations.shtml

Last edited by painter; 07-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Resident octogenarian

You mean like La Raza?