Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Pity poor Jared. Donny's blaming him for the investigation, his business is failing, and now Mueller has asked for lots of documents!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politi...ion/index.html
Wouldn't it be something if the Dotard effectively separated his daughter from her husband and kids as he cools his heels in Ft. Leavenworth?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Trump and Sessions Denied Knowing About Russian Contacts. Records Suggest Otherwise.
Quote:
WASHINGTON — Standing before reporters in February, President Trump said unequivocally that he knew of nobody from his campaign who was in contact with Russians during the election. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has told the Senate the same thing.

Court documents unsealed this week cast doubt on both statements and raised the possibility that Mr. Sessions could be called back to Congress for further questioning.
Sessions should be charged with perjury and Trump impeached.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/02/u...ns-russia.html
Old 11-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Trump and Sessions Denied Knowing About Russian Contacts. Records Suggest Otherwise.

Sessions should be charged with perjury and Trump impeached.
Ship `em off to Gitmo! Lol.

Full disclosure: I've been there.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Trump Timeline Thus Far ...

... and I'm sure Mueller will be able to flesh it out quite a bit.

• June 16, 2015: Trump announces he’s running for president.

• October 2015 to January 2016: Trump lawyer Michael Cohen tries to make a deal with Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

• Dec. 10, 2015: Top Trump ally Michael Flynn is seated beside Putin to celebrate the Kremlin propaganda outlet Russia Today.

• March 21, 2016: Trump tells The Post that Carter Page and George Papadopoulos are key members of his foreign policy team.

• April 26, 2016: Kremlin-connected professor Joseph Mifsud tells Papadopoulos that Moscow has “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, including “thousands of emails.”

• April 27, 2016: Despite insisting throughout the campaign that they had never met with Russian officials, Trump and Jeff Sessions greet Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at an event at the Mayflower Hotel.

• June 9, 2016: Donald Trump Jr., campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner meet with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Kremlin insider Rinat Akhmetshin to gain information that would allegedly incriminate Clinton and her dealings with Russia. In an email setting up the meeting, Trump Jr. expresses excitement about receiving Russian intelligence about the Democratic nominee.

• July 7, 2016: Manafort offers to provide briefings to a Kremlin-linked Russian billionaire.

• July 18, 2016: Trump campaign members succeed in pressuring Republicans to remove a platform plank in support of providing arms to help Ukraine resist Russian aggression.

• July 27, 2016: Trump makes a direct appeal to the Kremlin during a news conference. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

• Sept. 16, 2016: After admitting that he had been in contact with WikiLeaks — and later revealing that he had contact with a hacker connected to Russia — Trump associate Roger Stone tells Boston Herald Radio that WikiLeaks will soon “drop a payload of new documents on Hillary on a weekly basis” that will damage the Clinton campaign.

• Oct. 7, 2016: The “Access Hollywood” tape is released. About a half-hour later, WikiLeaks begins to publish Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails.

• Dec. 1: Kushner meets with Kislyak in an attempt to create a “channel” for sensitive communications between the transition team and the Russian government, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

● Dec. 29, 2016: Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn calls Kislyak to discuss sanctions placed on Russia by President Barack Obama.

• Jan. 11: At his first news conference as president-elect, Trump said, “If Putin likes Donald Trump, guess what, folks? That’s called an asset, not a liability. Now, I don’t know that I’m gonna get along with Vladimir Putin. I hope I do.” He also tweets, “I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA – NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!”

• Feb. 13: Flynn resigns after he reportedly lied to Vice President Pence about his contacts with Kislyak.

• May 9: Trump fires FBI Director James B. Comey.

• May 10: Trump meets in the Oval Office with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Kislyak, bragging that the firing of “nut job” Comey will ease pressure from the investigation. Trump barred U.S. reporters from the meeting and revealed classified information to the Russian officials.

• May 11: In an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, Trump reveals that he had asked Comey whether he was under investigation for alleged ties to Russia.

• June 7: Comey releases a memo recalling his interactions with Trump, who he said asked for an oath of loyalty from him.

• July 7: Trump meets with Putin at the Group of 20 summit in Germany. A second dinner meeting was undisclosed.

• Oct. 5: Papadopoulos pleads guilty to lying to the FBI as part of a cooperation agreement with Mueller.

• Oct. 30: Mueller’s office indicts Manafort and associate Rick Gates on charges of conspiracy against the United States, being an unregistered foreign agent, money laundering, and seven counts of failing to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...c00_story.html
Old 11-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Admin

Well, well.

'Mueller Reveals New Manafort Link to Organized Crime' DB

"Trump’s former campaign manager didn’t just do business with accused gangsters. One of them transferred millions into a Manafort account, allegedly used for money laundering."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/muelle...rganized-crime
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 PM

I am at a loss to understand why Trump would engage services from the likes of Manafort and Flynn, especially Flynn against the warnings of the outgoing Obama administration. something is not yet adding up.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I am at a loss to understand why Trump would engage services from the likes of Manafort and Flynn, especially Flynn against the warnings of the outgoing Obama administration. something is not yet adding up.
Because he's a fucking moron?
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 PM

Told to be my guess. By who then??? That is the question needing an answer.

Barney
Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Three conservative House Republicans are expected to file a resolution Friday calling on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to recuse himself from his probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, accusing him of conflicts of interest.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wrote the resolution, accuses Mueller of having a conflict of interest because he was serving as FBI chief when the Obama administration approved a deal allowing a Russian company to purchase a Canada-based mining group with uranium operations in the United States, according to a draft obtained by The Washington Post.

President Trump has often brought up the Uranium One deal in 2010 as a way to accuse Hillary Clinton of potential corruption and foreign collusion, despite scant evidence she was directly involved in the decision to allow it to proceed. Nine government agencies make up the government committee that reviews such deals, along with five other observer agencies; the FBI is not one of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...c00_story.html

Fucking traitors.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You calling someone else a "snowflake" is laugh out loud hilarious, Mike.
It's the ultimate in projection, please continue.
I'm all about making you laugh, Bob.