Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:10 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

The stools will be painted in primary colors to liven the place up a little bit. To the left of this picture is Boone Lake. When we get the canopy up this is a nice place to suck down some cold ones.

Last edited by JJIII; 06-16-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:15 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

This is the view from said Table.

Last edited by JJIII; 06-16-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Admin

You have your own dock? Nice.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
In this ever increasing age of ours, one in which an ever more increasing reliance in going to the net for items. It seems customer service is being lost. Now it could be because of the loss of face to face interaction or the under staffing at the destination. Or a combination of many individual minor occurrences when added up are the cause.

Sunday when moving my twenty something pick nick table it decided to retire. So the search for a new one commenced. You would think spring time would be a peek inventory time.

After some calls found out quickly we had to order via the internet for one at a local big box store . They had them just need to build it. So over the phone wife placed the order paid and agreed on Wednesday for pickup.

Guess it was my fault for waiting until 2PM to call and see if it was ready. Did not want to be a pest. First person had no record of transaction. Second said the guy was going home and didn't have time to build it. After I told them I'm on my way to put a boot up someone ass! A third person told me they at least five built so come on down.

Get there 15 minutes later and guess what? No table not one, none to be found. Left hand meet right! So after 30 minutes of them running around they inform me to come back in 2 hours. Volunteered a refund of 25% and apologized. Total lack of follow through.

With all the reliance on computers something as simple time management and supervision is getting lost. Always going to the current fire to put out.

Barney
I've run into this too. I guess one of my biggest gripes is, I used to be able to go to a store, find what I want, buy it and leave. Now I go to the store, find half the inventory they used to carry but not what I want, so I have to order it online and pay even more for it than I did at the store.

CDs are the worst Best Buy used to carry a good variety, now they don't carry shit.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
The stools will be painted in primary colors to liven the place up a little bit. To the left of this picture is Boone Lake. When we get the canopy up this is a nice place to suck down some cold ones.
Nice table. Agreed, perfect for sucking down brew.....
Old 05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You have your own dock? Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Nice table. Agreed, perfect for sucking down brew.....
Here in the TVA world we get 30 foot "tides" in the Spring and Fall. the pontoon boat will go in in a few days. Then we've got approximately 20 miles in either direction, right or left, to cruise and enjoy watching the people in the "Fast Boats" do their thing.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM

People in fast boats annoy the hell out of me. They can take a pleasant day at the lake and turn it into an annoying constant buzz....

I especially hate those individual buzzers...annoying as hell.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Ready

Nice table.

Really nice view.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:04 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
People in fast boats annoy the hell out of me. They can take a pleasant day at the lake and turn it into an annoying constant buzz....

I especially hate those individual buzzers...annoying as hell.
When they get too loud I go across the road behind my house into the woods. I cleared out an area about 75' 50' with a firepit, picnic table, and several chairs. It is below the grade of the road and is really very quiet and cool. (You just need "skeeter" spray!)
Old 05-09-2014, 11:05 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Nice table.

Really nice view.
Thanks, we really enjoy it.