Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:17 PM

'Possible crime-a-thon': Experts weigh in on bombshell Trump Org report

https://www.alternet.org/2021/06/trump-org-arrest/

Quote:

Experts in the legal and journalism world are weighing in on the bombshell news that the Trump Organization "will be criminally charged" and "will have faced criminal charges" by this time next week, according to an on-air report from MSNBC's Tom Winter reports. The New York Times published a similar report stating charges could come "as soon as next week."
Old 06-26-2021, 07:10 AM

As much as I'd like to see the lot of them doing hard time in Club Fed I'm tired of all these reports about what [I]could[I] happen, what's likely to happen, what's expected to happen after this that or the other happens. Let me know when indictments are made and let me know if and when any convictions happen. Tellin' me the barbecue tastes great don't put no meat on my plate.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:14 AM

Although my sentiment from above hasn't changed I did take note of this...

Is daddy's darling in danger?
Quote:
Former FBI official says he believes Ivanka Trump may have perjured herself in her testimony to DC prosecutors
Old 06-29-2021, 08:46 AM

So..... how does this work? The Trump ORGANIZATION is being charged. They can't put an organization in jail. So, does that mean that someone from the organization is potentially facing jail time? Who would that be? Could it be more than one person?

My thoughts are that no matter how it goes down, no one will actually go to jail but, there might be fines to pay and the loss of credibility (if there ever was any) in doing business with the organization in the future.

But, as much as I'd like to see Trump go to jail, I think the more hurtful punishment for Trump would be the loss of money and status.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
So..... how does this work? The Trump ORGANIZATION is being charged. They can't put an organization in jail. So, does that mean that someone from the organization is potentially facing jail time? Who would that be? Could it be more than one person?

My thoughts are that no matter how it goes down, no one will actually go to jail but, there might be fines to pay and the loss of credibility (if there ever was any) in doing business with the organization in the future.

But, as much as I'd like to see Trump go to jail, I think the more hurtful punishment for Trump would be the loss of money and status.
That's why I thing the MAGA moron should face criminal charges. I think the current administration doesn't want to be seen as vindictive against a former president but prosecuting Donny goes beyond that. He's counting on walking away unscathed. What he's done should not be allowed to happen again, ever.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:54 AM

Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg Expected to Be Charged Thursday
The Manhattan district attorney’s first charges in three-year probe will focus on alleged tax-related crimes at former president’s company

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-o...ay-11625060765

It begins. Hopefully, MUCH more to come.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:17 AM

About time!
Old 06-30-2021, 09:30 AM

RickeyM, I'd like to see Trump face criminal charges too. But, that would elevate him in the minds of his cult followers as Trump plays the victim with everyone out to get him.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
RickeyM, I'd like to see Trump face criminal charges too. But, that would elevate him in the minds of his cult followers as Trump plays the victim with everyone out to get him.
In the minds of the mindless he can not be elevated any higher than he is now. It could radicalize them (more of) to act out with violence however. It will be slanted as an attack on them as well as the MAGA moron himself.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:34 PM

None of the major networks carried Bloatus #45's rally in Ohio and let us hope that this trend continues. As long as he is only talking to his rabid fans, he will lose his political luster. Remains to be seen as to how many primaries he can flip to the GQP in 2022.