Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Works for me.

The sooner Obummercare is repealed the sooner we will be on the road to Medicare for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
I actually agree with you on this one, at least some sort of single payer comprehensive health care plan.
You think Republicans, led by a cabal of billionaire capitalists, are going to go to a more SO(C)IALIST model?

Ha, Ha, Ha............
Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 PM

As dumb as when Arnold took so much away from the people depending on home assistance that they actually cost more by forcing them into rest homes on the states dime.
Quote:
Reporting from Sacramento — Proposing a budget that would eliminate the state's welfare-to-work program and most child care for the poor, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday outlined a stark vision of a California that would sharply limit aid to some of its poorest and neediest citizens.

His $83.4-billion plan would also freeze funding for local schools, further cut state workers' pay and take away 60% of state money for local mental health programs. State parks and higher education are among the few areas the governor's proposal would spare.

The proposal, which would not raise taxes, also relies on $3.4 billion in help from Washington — roughly half of what the governor sought earlier this year — to help close a budget gap now estimated at $19.1 billion. Billions more would be saved through accounting moves and fund shifts.

"California no longer has low-hanging fruits," said Schwarzenegger at an afternoon news conference in Sacramento. "I now have no choice but to … call for elimination of some very important programs."

Elimination of CalWorks, the state's main welfare program, would affect 1.3 million people, including about 1 million children. The program, which requires recipients to eventually have jobs, gives families an average $500 a month. Ending those payments would save the state $1.6 billion, the administration said. It would also make California the only
Penny wise, pound foolish. Anything to keep the wealthy from paying their fair share.

Carl
Old 12-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You think Republicans, led by a cabal of billionaire capitalists, are going to go to a more SO(C)IALIST model?

Ha, Ha, Ha............
I already covered this.

Of course the Republican plan will fail too.

What it will do however is bring about a crash in the system, thereby opening up another opportunity to press for single payer.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I already covered this.

Of course the Republican plan will fail too.

What it will do however is bring about a crash in the system, thereby opening up another opportunity to press for single payer.
Thanks
What about the time span between the end of Obamacare and the start of single payer? How long does that take?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Thanks
What about the time span between the end of Obamacare and the start of single payer? How long does that take?
Beats the Hell out of me.

It's up to the proletariat.

However long it takes them to get tired of being fucked in the ass and revolt.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

I'd say most people are generally OK with their health insurance, both before and after Obamacare (provided they're employed, which the majority is). Nothing major is gonna happen. Some tweaks, including some nods to "free market economics" and presto - Trumpcare. A lot of Sturm und Drang getting there though.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd say most people are generally OK with their health insurance, both before and after Obamacare (provided they're employed, which the majority is).
I'm sure it looks that way to a Boozhee Elitist like yourself, but its not sustainable in the long run.

The costs of providing such insurance has been sky rocking in comparison to wages and inflation. Some employers have chosen to eat these increases themselves, others are passing the costs along to employees, but either way a breaking point is inevitable.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'm sure it looks that way to a Boozhee Elitist like yourself, but its not sustainable in the long run.

The costs of providing such insurance has been sky rocking in comparison to wages and inflation. Some employers have chosen to eat these increases themselves, others are passing the costs along to employees, but either way a breaking point is inevitable.
I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean that most (full-time employed) people aren't generally happy with their current coverage. Therein lies the rub. Change is essential, but people don't want the government making changes to the current status quo if they're generally happy with their insurance.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:

That's a pretty sophisticated philosophy you got going on there.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
That's a pretty sophisticated philosophy you got going on there.
He just likes talking dirty. That's what drew him to Trump.