Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Funny how the people who complain about abusive law enforcement ("government thugs") the most are the same ones who celebrate excessive and callous methods of Sheriff Joe (a government official).

Another fine example of rightwing hypocrisy, anyone?

Dave
It is interesting isn't it?

They are all for law enforcement as long as they are on the enforcer side and not the enforcee.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Area Man

I guess an LEO is only a "jackbooted Nazi thug" until he runs for sheriff as a Republican?

Then it's okay....

Not to change the subject; But I'm thinkin' it'll be kinda like that if they finally get to repeal Obamacare, rename it "The Great American Gipper Healthcare Plan" and reinstate it. All of the teababbger morons can thence heave a mighty sigh of relief.

Dave
Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I guess an LEO is only a "jackbooted Nazi thug" until he runs for sheriff as a Republican?

Then it's okay....

Not to change the subject, it'll be kinda like that if they finally get to repeal Obamacare, rename it "The Great American Gipper Healthcare Plan" and reinstate it, all of the teababbger morons can thence heave a mighty sigh of relief.

Dave
You can be sure that if Romney had won the GOP nomination and election in 2008 and implemented the program that he, at the time, insisted was a model for the nation that the GOP would still be high-fivin' each other about a law virtually identical to Obamacare.

Moreover, if he had been elected, there would be no Tea Party, even if his entire agenda had been identical to Obama's (as it probably would have been as they're both moderates - one slightly left of center and the other slightly right of center).
Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You can be sure that if Romney had won the GOP nomination and election in 2008 and implemented the program that he, at the time, insisted was a model for the nation that the GOP would still be high-fivin' each other about a law virtually identical to Obamacare.

Moreover, if he had been elected, there would be no Tea Party, even if his entire agenda had been identical to Obama's (as it probably would have been as they're both moderates - one slightly left of center and the other slightly right of center).
Remember when he said something along the lines of;

"All I have to do is get elected and the economy will fix itself."?

That was because he knows what's up. The GOP propaganda machine has people so conditioned that a Republican president doesn't have to do anything different at all than his Democratic rival. Some of their cult members will start hiring and spending money simply because they won the election. Just like all of the idiots assumed Cletis Bundy, or whatever his name was, had a cause worth fighting for because he's a rightwinger COWBOY.....without knowing a damn thing about the history of his case. This also ties to the bizarre habit of Republicans who suggest ACTORS as presidential candidates every campaign cycle. They seem to have a problem separating fairytales from reality.

I once heard Karl Rove comment that "Image is everything.". He knows what's up with the GOP base as well. And he should, he played them like a fiddle for decades.

Think about that.

Dave
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

How about these quotes from Romney on Romneycare?

In January 2008, he told Fox News Sunday, "I think it's the ultimate conservative plan." Last year, Romney also said his law was based on "fundamentally a conservative principle."

In 2007, Romney said that when the uninsured show up in emergency rooms and get free health care, that's a "form of soci@lism." By contrast, his health care law was conservative and inspired by the Heritage Foundation,

"I think there are a number of features in the Massachusetts plan that could inform Washington on ways to improve health care for all Americans," he said "The fact that we were able to get people insured without a government option is a model I think they can learn from."

Some of my libertarian friends balk at an individual mandate. But is it libertarian to insist that government pick up the tab for those without insurance or means to pay? An uninsured libertarian might counter that he could refuse the free care, but under law, that is impossible — and inhumane.

It's "essential." Romney said the mandate was essential to bringing health care costs down.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2012...neycare/54058/
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I'll decide which crimes deserve the .50 cal. solution, thank you very much.
How do you live inside that thing?

John
Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
How do you live inside that thing?

John
Lighten up Borax.

I'm fantasizing.

Don't try to tell me you've never fantasized about murdering someone.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Lighten up Borax.

I'm fantasizing.

Don't try to tell me you've never fantasized about murdering someone.
Actually, I haven't.

John
Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I haven't.

John
Did I not say on another thread out of anyone on the site he should not be aloud to own a gun? He totally fits what we all say how can these crazy get a gun.

Im telling you we will be hearing about this loose cannon at some point.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Actually, I haven't.

John
If you say so.