Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:04 PM

Trump has also hit his previous low point in approval ratings. The two seem to go hand in hand.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:02 PM

Fascinating how quickly you folks changed the subject of this thread from the current fortunes of the Dem party to a discussion of Trump and me. I guess you really don't want to discuss the leftward drift of the Dem party....
Old 02-26-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Fascinating how quickly you folks changed the subject of this thread from the current fortunes of the Dem party to a discussion of Trump and me. I guess you really don't want to discuss the leftward drift of the Dem party....
Fascinated or frustrated?
BTW, how about Trump’s claim that he would have charged into the Parkland high school unarmed?
Old 02-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
A CA Democratic party vote that fell short of an endorsement for either candidate is hardly indicative of a broad shift to the left of the Dems. DiFi will win easily.

A poll released this month by the Public Policy Institute of California found 45 percent of the more than 1,000 likely voters surveyed had never heard of de León. Two-thirds of Democratic likely voters backed Feinstein, while 19 percent supported León in the PPIC survey. Thirteen percent were undecided.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ate-party-snub

The most recent winners of major elections across the country were moderate Democrats (Senate in AL and the Governor in VA) and the Democrat looking to upset a Trumpkin near Pittsburgh is a moderate as well. So much for your extrapolation of a broader trend from one data point. That seems to be your MO.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-26-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Rational Anarchist

I look forward to whell's reply. Maybe he'll find another anecdotal data point.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I look forward to whell's reply. Maybe he'll find another anecdotal data point.
Sometimes I think he comes here for a regular beat down. Seems a bit masochistic to me.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I responded directly to your posting and relativity. The Dem's have stayed pretty much in their own wheelhouse. The Pub' wingnuts have pulled the center hard right.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Oh gawd, you conserv-o-twits are such delicate hothouse flowers.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Oh gawd, you conserv-o-twits are such delicate hothouse flowers.
LOL. One again your posts stoop to their usual lack of consequence.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A CA Democratic party vote that fell short of an endorsement for either candidate is hardly indicative of a broad shift to the left of the Dems. DiFi will win easily.

A poll released this month by the Public Policy Institute of California found 45 percent of the more than 1,000 likely voters surveyed had never heard of de León. Two-thirds of Democratic likely voters backed Feinstein, while 19 percent supported León in the PPIC survey. Thirteen percent were undecided.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ate-party-snub

The most recent winners of major elections across the country were moderate Democrats (Senate in AL and the Governor in VA) and the Democrat looking to upset a Trumpkin near Pittsburgh is a moderate as well. So much for your extrapolation of a broader trend from one data point. That seems to be your MO.
You apparently didn't read the article that I posted, or its another example of your typical lack of comprehension. Good for you.

Moderate candidates are still bubbling up, but the PARTY is moving left. DiFi is outpolling rivals with likely CA voters, but the PARTY and its DELEGATES will dictate the future. And in fact, DiFi had to remind those delegates that they needed to stay united - and not give in to their desire to move the party to the left at a more aggressive pace:

Addressing the convention Saturday, Feinstein reminded delegates of her experience and what she portrayed as a lifetime of service in the cause of Democratic values. She focused heavily on her advocacy of gun control measures, and she urged Democrats to resist splintering in the face of a Republican-controlled Washington.

California Democrats, she said, have “the largest delegation in the House. You’ve got Kamala Harris and me in the Senate.” She said Democrats can more effectively advance their principles “if we have unified support.”

And I guess when DiFi offers up Kamala Harris as an example of a "moderate", things are definitely looking left for the Dems.