Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I am sorry - probably I did not ask precisely, Barbara. Of course I asked if she will choose to run, obviously she made no decision yet.

You asked the question precisely. My response was only to emphasize the fact that she hasn't officially stated she will run at this point.

But, more to the point of your original question, one only needs to look at the successes in her political career and consider the fact that she actually has lived in the White House and fully understands that dynamic to appreciate and recognize her qualifications.

Only a person blinded by partisan politics would deny her qualifications. Her qualifications are the fuel for the constant right wing attacks and she hasn't even thrown her hat in the ring. The constant attacks are a sign of desperation because republicans know it will be hard to beat her.

We are a long way from the presidential election..... Perhaps the republicans will have someone who can challenge Hilary by then.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
You asked the question precisely. My response was only to emphasize the fact that she hasn't officially stated she will run at this point.

But, more to the point of your original question, one only needs to look at the successes in her political career and consider the fact that she actually has lived in the White House and fully understands that dynamic to appreciate and recognize her qualifications.

Only a person blinded by partisan politics would deny her qualifications. Her qualifications are the fuel for the constant right wing attacks and she hasn't even thrown her hat in the ring. The constant attacks are a sign of desperation because republicans know it will be hard to beat her.

We are a long way from the presidential election..... Perhaps the republicans will have someone who can challenge Hilary by then.
Ha - the rightwingers fear her power although she "hasn't even thrown her hat in the ring." There is no way for the GOP fans to honour better the quality of this great politician.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Ha - the rightwingers fear her power although she "hasn't even thrown her hat in the ring." There is no way for the GOP fans to honour better the quality of this great politician.

to honour better the quality of this great politician.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post

Please do tell Barbara of all these qualifications some a blinded by. I started your list below please add to it if you have more t educate us with.

1) The fact that she actually has lived in the White House.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Mutated Member

2) Her experiences as former secretary of state.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 AM

The simple fact she knows personally the world leaders and powerful people of the last thirty years on a first name basis gotta count for something!

Barney
Old 05-11-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You have objective standards Mike? Excuse me while I laugh.
After a post like this, I can easily surmise that my standards appear to be higher than yours.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
After a post like this, I can easily surmise that my standards appear to be higher than yours.
Voted for W twice maybe?

Barney
Old 05-11-2014, 09:24 AM
reflexionar

Between Secretary of State and US Senator she had twelve years experience at the national level. Add to that 8 years in the White House as First Lady and that adds up to a bit of experience at the federal level. Whether you find she was effective or not is a personal matter.

Compare that to George W's 6 years as Texas governor with no federal experience and Obama's 4 years as a maybe mediocre senator and Hilary handily trounces the two of them put together. She is probably smarter than both of them combined also which may not necessarily be a good thing.

I am not a democrat, but I don't really see a better option on either side at the moment, but I am not sure of what the Indies will be offering up yet. Chances of an independent getting the job are about the same as me winning the lottery though.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Between Secretary of State and US Senator she had twelve years experience at the national level. Add to that 8 years in the White House as First Lady and that adds up to a bit of experience at the federal level. Whether you find she was effective or not is a personal matter.

Compare that to George W's 6 years as Texas governor with no federal experience and Obama's 4 years as a maybe mediocre senator and Hilary handily trounces the two of them put together. She is probably smarter than both of them combined also which may not necessarily be a good thing.

I am not a democrat, but I don't really see a better option on either side at the moment, but I am not sure of what the Indies will be offering up yet. Chances of an independent getting the job are about the same as me winning the lottery though.

Mpholland, I agree on several points. I'm not republican, democrat, or independent and would welcome a worthy opponent from any camp.

I believe that competition keeps the candidates on their game and tempers over confidence within the party.