Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think Trump's fatal flaw will be the realization that he himself believes in the things he says. I mean if he REALLY believes Obama is not a citizen that shows how shallow his critical reasoning is. Maybe you can be a billionaire and not be too smart at the same time.
I truly believe that this is all a bluff and a game with Trump. His obnoxious comments about his fellow aspirants and fighting back any criticism (even when true), helps him to gather his narrow minded followers and as long as this is working, he will stick with it.

Consider the fact that Trump has invested $0.00 for advertisement or any for any fundraising activities whereas Bush and Clinton (more so) have been spending a bundle with little to no effect.

This is one of the reasons why Trump is scary to the GOP and any attacks on him does not affect his campaign financially but is assured of a vicious response.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
I think Trump's fatal flaw will be the realization that he himself believes in the things he says. I mean if he REALLY believes Obama is not a citizen that shows how shallow his critical reasoning is. Maybe you can be a billionaire and not be too smart at the same time.
Trump was born on third base and is convinced he hit a triple.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
I kinda agree with you on that, and truthfully the more he talks the more we can come to a conclusion.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Trump was born on third base and is convinced he hit a triple.
That's a good one, but he has grown the estate.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
I truly believe that this is all a bluff and a game with Trump. His obnoxious comments about his fellow aspirants and fighting back any criticism (even when true), helps him to gather his narrow minded followers and as long as this is working, he will stick with it.

Consider the fact that Trump has invested $0.00 for advertisement or any for any fundraising activities whereas Bush and Clinton (more so) have been spending a bundle with little to no effect.

This is one of the reasons why Trump is scary to the GOP and any attacks on him does not affect his campaign financially but is assured of a vicious response.

Not quite true that he hasn't spent any money.

He paid actors $50 each to come cheer for him when he announced he was running.

And then there is the fact that taxpayer dollars ($16,000) were used to transport people to his rally in Mobile Alabama.

Not sure if either of those examples fit the "advertisement or fundraising" criteria as that was what you mentioned in your post..... But I think a good argument could be made that they do in a sense.

Having made that point..... The total money he has spent is probably a fraction of what others have spent.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:58 PM

Beamon I think he really believes it. I mean if he believes he can put a 35% car tax on AMERICAN companies importing cars from overseas factories to the USA, believes we can take oil wells back from Iraq and ISIS, and thinks there are Muslim Training Camps in the USA then he most likely believes in birtherism.

I think in a one-on-one debate with either Hillary or Sanders Trump would be torn to shreds.

I mean he obviously was not smart enough to anticipate the birther idiot yesterday if all along he has been faking his ideology...he would have somehow avoided the frankensteins he created in his audience lol.

Last edited by icenine; 09-18-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Kasich is a nasty piece of work, imo. A wolf in sheep's clothing as it were.
True dat.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/19/politi...s-lounges-ban/

Quote:
While lighting into teachers unions Wednesday, Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he would ban teachers' lounges if he had the chance.

"If I were not president, but if I were King of America, I would abolish all teacher's lounges, where they sit together and worry about 'woe is us,'" Kasich said at an education conference in New Hampshire sponsored by education group The Seventy-Four and The American Federation for Children.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Kasich tries to make nice with Latinos here in SoCal and sticks his foot in his mouth.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...pdate=84458176
Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Kasich tries to make nice with Latinos here in SoCal and sticks his foot in his mouth.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...pdate=84458176
That was real white of him to tip the maid.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Not quite true that he hasn't spent any money.

He paid actors $50 each to come cheer for him when he announced he was running.

And then there is the fact that taxpayer dollars ($16,000) were used to transport people to his rally in Mobile Alabama.

Not sure if either of those examples fit the "advertisement or fundraising" criteria as that was what you mentioned in your post..... But I think a good argument could be made that they do in a sense.

Having made that point..... The total money he has spent is probably a fraction of what others have spent.
A mere technicality.

We would probably never know how much he is spending to corral audiences but shouldn't his campaign be charged for any expenses incurred by the city of Mobile for his campaign address?

Hope someone here can help clarify.