Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Banned

Even BMW is going Nostalgia with fun bikes.

2014 BMW R nineT

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...BMW-RnineT.htm

Old 05-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Even BMW is going Nostalgia with fun bikes.

2014 BMW R nineT

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...BMW-RnineT.htm

I like that retro look. And not just because it's retro, but rather because it looks like a motorcycle and not a wingless, earthbound fighter jet.

Know what I mean?

Dave
Old 05-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I like that retro look. And not just because it's retro, but rather because it looks like a motorcycle and not a wingless, earthbound fighter jet.

Know what I mean?

Dave
Yep that's why I like old bikes and spoked rims sitting up straight. Old Triumph's and bobbers, Bob even mentioned KZ 650 and Yammi 650s where nice bikes.

They were some of the fastest bikes on the street till the KZ 1000 came along.

Then all hell broke loose and bikes turned crazy and where did the spokes go.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:22 PM

Spokes went for tubeless tires, I'm OK with that.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Spokes went for tubeless tires, I'm OK with that.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
Spoiler
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Persona non grata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ivRRrUhz4Q

Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Do not get the bike Pete......I x-rayed a 19 year old dead kid once from a MC accident.
I myself had a front wheel blow out on a Honda CB 350-4 back in 1988 I did not get killed because the car was coming at me was a 1000 yards away instead of 100 yards...

getting killed is the not worst thing either....you could be paralyzed from the neck down.
And at your age a bad crash could be an early admission to a nursing home.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Do not get the bike Pete......I x-rayed a 19 year old dead kid once from a MC accident.
I myself had a front wheel blow out on a Honda CB 350-4 back in 1988 I did not get killed because the car was coming at me was a 1000 yards away instead of 100 yards...

getting killed is the not worst thing either....you could be paralyzed from the neck down.
And at your age a bad crash could be an early admission to a nursing home.
I concure with Ice,My brother had the side of his head taken off by a hook on a garbage truck when he lost control after a rain storm,I witnesed it it was not a good thing to see,I have never rode since but that is just my feelings ,you are a grown man to make your own,but at least you might be more cautious.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:56 AM
reflexionar

Pretty sure I have shown this picture before, but I can't remember. This was my son's bike that damn near killed him a few years ago when someone turned left in front of him. His body suffered just as bad and I think the Navy spent near a million to put him back together, as the first bill I remember seeing was for over 300K, and that was fairly early on. The wreck also cost him his Navy career as he was medically discharged after 14 years as he was undeployable. Suffice it to say 9 months later he bought another GSXR1000 that was a few years newer. A while later he bought himself a Hayabusa. Last year he bought a 2014 Street Glide. He still has all three of them in his garage. I will be going down to Phoenix in June to watch him graduate from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute where he has been for the last 3 years.

I guess the point here is that if it is in your blood, it is in your blood. If you feel you are truly missing out then go for it. If you have less passion and can live without it then go that route. Just make the decision rationally and don't live with regret.

Marc

Old 05-26-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
pretty sure i have shown this picture before, but i can't remember. This was my son's bike that damn near killed him a few years ago when someone turned left in front of him. His body suffered just as bad and i think the navy spent near a million to put him back together, as the first bill i remember seeing was for over 300k, and that was fairly early on. The wreck also cost him his navy career as he was medically discharged after 14 years as he was undeployable. Suffice it to say 9 months later he bought another gsxr1000 that was a few years newer. A while later he bought himself a hayabusa. Last year he bought a 2014 street glide. He still has all three of them in his garage. I will be going down to phoenix in june to watch him graduate from motorcycle mechanics institute where he has been for the last 3 years.

I guess the point here is that if it is in your blood, it is in your blood. If you feel you are truly missing out then go for it. If you have less passion and can live without it then go that route. Just make the decision rationally and don't live with regret.

Marc

very well put!